• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

I will send $2000 right now!!!

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  479
  • Content Count:  1,991
  • Days Won:  0

Mac is staying, but your $2k will still be useful to the program.

Why give money to a program that enjoys losing, are they going to spend it on another MAC Conference coach.

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,738
  • Days Won:  425

Why give money to a program that enjoys losing, are they going to spend it on another MAC Conference coach.

You need to change your avatar caption. Looks like your "USF Pride Through Thick and Thin" is just lip service ....

• Topic Count:  479
  • Content Count:  1,991

I love USF, I bleed green and gold  just hate losing and would do whatever it takes to win. To me nothing else matters except the bottom line which is winning.

I love USF, I bleed green and gold  just hate losing and would do whatever it takes to win. To me nothing else matters except the bottom line which is winning.

The bottom line is winning, I agree, but sometimes you can't just turn a switch and you become a winning program, as much as the Huggy Brigade would like to let you believe. Look at the long term, successful BE programs like Syracuse and UConn. They didn't just spring up out of nowhere (I don't think, anyway). The programs grew with the coaches. How often does it work out like the situation we almost had, still may have, with the extremely high profile, established coach going into a program like ours and turning it completely around? Maybe I've just blocked out the situations where this has occured ......

• Topic Count:  70
  • Content Count:  1,911

Trip, in all seriousness, you are a big advocate of Harrick.  Do you see any charisma in Mac like Harrick has, or a respectable history (wins and losses, not ethics) like JH, the dedication to recruit and win?  Do you really REALLY in all honesty think that Mac can make USF a good program, like Harrick did with rhode island.

Watch the Mac show on sat mornings, it seems like you are watching a public access show.  No pizazz, no nothing.  If you want to recruit in the BE you will be targeting kids from the east coast.  I am personally from NY and if I were any good at bball you would need a way better salesman than mac to get me to usf, he reminds me of my high school social studies teacher.  And if he cant use his personality and witts, what is he going to use?  He surely cannot use his last 3 years of coaching and Western Michigan would be irrelevant.

• Topic Count:  515
  • Content Count:  7,379
  • Days Won:  3

Why not send the money and just support the freaking program RIGHT NOW? That money can be used for facilities, coaches endowment, etc.....

I guess you dont really care if your only going to send it for reason "x" or reason "Y". If you had been sending it already and so were all 399 of your cohorts, the AD may make a different decision, but you dont and he cant.

• Topic Count:  723
  • Content Count:  12,293

i could make a very quick list of former MAC coaches who have moved on to much more success.

just because RMC coached at western mich doesnt make him less of a coach.

Trip, in all seriousness, you are a big advocate of Harrick.

I hope you're joking despite the "in all seriousness".....

Watch the Mac show on sat mornings, it seems like you are watching a public access show.  No pizazz, no nothing.  If you want to recruit in the BE you will be targeting kids from the east coast.

Ever watched a Leonard Hamilton Show?

I think the pro-Mac and anti-Mac stuff has been gone over ad nauseum. We agree to disagree .........

You do know where Huggy the Savior coached at before UC, don't you?

• Topic Count:  13
  • Content Count:  122

I already make a contribution to our embarassment of a program. However, I am willing to give more money to end the embarrasment of Coach MAC.