• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

It saddens me but pisses me off too. (Negative)

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  37
  • Content Count:  738
  • Days Won:  1

I was watching the last 3 mins of the G'Town@Marquette game last nite on ESPNHD.  I mention the HD because you get a great view of the venues where FB & BB games are being played.  The G'Eagles upset the No. 14? Hoyas.  Anyway, the arena was packed and rocking.  When I think of our Bulls MBB and the past 2 outa three seasons (last yrs ending was great), it breaks my heart.  I can only remember about a dozen games in the past 6-8 yrs when the Sun Dome looked remotely like the other BE arenas during a MBB game - FSU, UF, TN, WS, Marquette, Cincinnatti.  USF to BE MBB has become what Temple was BE football.  That truly sucks.

Will firing CRM solve this?  Personally, I am totally straddling the fence on Coach.  Coach McCullum to me is in the mold of Tony Dungy.  Great X n Os guy,  rock solid ethics and temperment but maybe a tad short on charisma.  I don't wanna another guy coming in here and saying "give me 3 yrs to be competitive" when that's what we have with CRM.  If Coach can't pull down a superstar in the next signing period or two, we're screwed.  This Huggins talk is a bunch of malarky too.  No way USF can afford to buy CRM out and pay Huggie $800K-$1.0MM per.  I don't want Mike Davis or Matt Doherty (da MD's ) either.  So its  gamble city again if Dougie Dub fires and hires.

That's all I have to write.  This post sounds to much like a whining n complaining wussy so I'll stop.  The sitch is what it is but fuk me man this season is truly wretched.  BTW, I have tix to the last two games and I'm still going too 'cuz I support my Bull's. They always play hard unlike a few seasons removed.  Might even buy one for the Rutgers game.

I agree.

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  99
  • Content Count:  10,565
  • Days Won:  7

It's been a tough couple of months, but this team has heart and they hustle. Coach McCullum has done a good job through some difficult circumstances to keep the team in games. We all have seen that he can coach and keep the team motivated. He does need to do a better job recruiting. Hopefully he can land Thomas and another impact player in April.

Next year will be much better. Don't give up on Coach now. Remember only a year ago when he gave us hope after the 2 wins in the C-USA tournament. We hadn't had that feeling for a long long time.

Guest Ari_Hinkelberger

expecations are just SO low it's laughable.

"Remember only a year ago when he gave us hope after the 2 wins in the C-USA tournament. We hadn't had that feeling for a long long time. "

a trip to the con tourny semi's last year and we are talking about putting his name on the court.  How about a raise for keeping it within 10 against WVU

You guys are totally crazy

• Topic Count:  9,898
  • Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

jake is big in giving more time to our coaches

he isn't into holding  our coACHES ACCOUNTABLE FOR THEIR CONTINUING FAILURES

• Topic Count:  114
  • Content Count:  2,052
  • Days Won:  0

I say, let the mens games be free admission. The way it is now, the price for admission is like the parking services on campus... higway robbery!

• Topic Count:  110
  • Content Count:  3,103

ari, nobody is talking about putting his name on the court, what we are talking about is supporting the coach WE HAVE NOW.  thats all we are talking about nothing else.

Guest rueben_horowitz
Coach McCullum to me is in the mold of Tony Dungy.  

I can't believe you said McCullum and Dungy in the same sentence...What an insult to Dungy and all he's accomplished.

Keep drinking that Kool-aid.

Rueb

• Topic Count:  135
  • Content Count:  3,809
  • Days Won:  4

I.  Coach McCullum to me is in the mold of Tony Dungy.  Great X n Os guy,  rock solid ethics and temperment but maybe a tad short on charisma.  .

I didn't realize TD was actually bringing in questionable talent and attitudes and then crying poor when they didn't work out and he didn't have enough players to win a game in conference?

• Topic Count:  32
  • Content Count:  919

The smazzas and Aris of the world crack me up with this 'low expectations' crap.  I'm all for holding coaches accountable, but to be calling out Coach Mac after 2 years is ridiculous.  Do you think he's had time to convince the top recruits to come to USF when he's selling an empty arena and no winning tradition?  He needs time to build. It starts with hustle, heart, and defense.  The Big East affiliation will help draw interest from better recruits, and the wins will start to come.  Have some patience.