• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Looks like another year of Mac

Guest Ari_Hinkelberger

Guest Ari_Hinkelberger

I am sure all you guys saw this on the TBO blog.  This was today's entry.  It is just so sad that this university has to put up with another year of this garbage Bball.  I want an NCAA berth.  We aren't going to be much better next year.  maybe 14-14 at best.  Why can't we get a coach worth a ****.?  How about a decent recruit.  SO much for Bob Huggins the savior.

---------

SOUTH BEND, Ind. - For those out there wanting to get rid of University of South Florida coach Robert McCullum, you’re not going to get your wish. At least not this year. I asked USF athletic director Doug Woolard, who attended Wednesday’s loss at Notre Dame, to assess the Bulls’ program and/or McCullum and his only comment was that he evaluates each program after the season.

McCullum still has three years remaining on his contract after this year and even if the Bulls don’t win another game this season, USF doesn’t have the money to pay off McCullum’s final three years and then pay another coach - which would demand more than the $285,000 McCullum is making - and also pay football coach Jim Leavitt a $1 million a year.

While Woolard refused to discuss the program, I get the feeling he understands all of the misfortune the program has had this past year - Bradley Mosley’s unfortunate death, season-ending injuries to Chris Howard and Zaronn Cann and the unexpected transfer of Marius Prekevicius. McCullum has admitted to some recruiting mistakes and can’t afford any more whiffs. USF, of course, expects to be better next season (how can it get any worse?), but the question is how much improvement is Woolard expecting?

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  110
  • Content Count:  1,266
  • Days Won:  0

this board has become depressing

i only come here for the prediction contests...

its all scout and bullseye now, sorry brad

Guest Ari_Hinkelberger

depressing?

I feel the same way the entire fall when I have to read.

"Rod smith sucks"

"When are we going to fire rod smith.?"

"Why did CJL promote Rod Smith.?"

"What an idot that Rod Smith guy is."

I am so tired of hearing people like you complaining about people like us ******** about the bball team.

It's basketball season.  Do you hear me complaining.. "Hey brad, when are we going to do something about these rod smith posts.?"

Not once have any of us complained about your tiresome threads.

We have the second longest losing streak in the country -- we have lost 13 games in a row.  We are terrible -- and there is no hope for change in sight.

Get off your horse buddy and buy a clue.

people are going to complain about the basketball team and discuss it plenty.

don't respond or read it, if you don't like it.

• Topic Count:  110
  • Content Count:  1,266

why are they "my tiresome threads"

good way to put words in my mouth

i'm not even going to waste my time talking/typing to someone like you

have a great day!

• Topic Count:  40
  • Content Count:  557

I asked USF athletic director Doug Woolard, who attended Wednesday’s loss at Notre Dame, to assess the Bulls’ program and/or McCullum and his only comment was that he evaluates each program after the season.

Whats left to evaluate?  There is only one more chance for us to win a game this year (Providence).  And even if we win that game, how does that change anything.

Note to Doug:

"Wake up and smell the roses, we suck!"

• Topic Count:  197
  • Content Count:  10,251
  • Days Won:  14

Simply put it's a money reason. This isn't Ohio State, Florida, or Tennessee. We just have to make do with what we have...

Guest Ari_Hinkelberger

for sure a money reason.  Maybe these injuries helped him get one more year to show up or hang it up.

At least we have some sort of outlook with the program.  Mac gets another year to put it together, then we are either good, or move on.

I think we might have a little more cash in a year.  Can't see us not making a bowl.  I tend to agree with triple b though,  I think they are trying to build some decent facilities for the other programs.  He probably looks at mac and says "we suck, but it is only costing us 250K."  We couldn't find much better for that price.

Oh well.  Wish we could get a big name in here.  But hopefully mac wins some games next year.

• Topic Count:  469
  • Content Count:  4,451

Note to Doug:

"Wake up and smell the roses, we suck!"

Y ya pickin' on me?!  ...I know.

• Topic Count:  20
  • Content Count:  193

Ari, your lack of basketball knowledge is making me laugh. This program's issues go much deeper than the coach. Are you telling me we would be a tournament (NCAA or NIT) team with Huggins as our coach. My guess is our record would be about the same except the heart and hustle would not be there.

• Topic Count:  70
  • Content Count:  1,911

He probably looks at mac and says "we suck, but it is only costing us 250K."  We couldn't find much better for that price.

I would do it for half.  Believe me I can get us 7 wins this year too.  My game plan would beat Bethune.