• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

MAC is doing a great job.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  38
  • Days Won:  0

The higher ups are hearing it, and they do see the light... just not the same light you wish they saw.

What light are they seeing?  I want to see it and see what it is.

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  999
  • Content Count:  19,229
  • Days Won:  1

That we have a good coach and that when he has a healthy roster, will prove it.

If they didn't think that was the case... he'd be gone already.

• Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  8,722
  • Days Won:  23

St Johns

Gonzaga

Santa Clara

Utah State

Virginia Commonwealth

Detroit

Dayton

Richmond

UNC Wilmington

St. Louis

Nevada

UNC Charlotte

Georgia Southern

St. Bonnie

George Washington

St. Joes

Ohio

Temple

Providence

None of them are Big Budget Programs and ALL of them are better year in and year out then us.  It has NOTHING to do with money.  Its coaching, recruiting, commitment to winning.

I mean look at team like Richmond -- or St. Joes -- St. Bonnie - Dayton -- Gonzaga.  

Started out with NOTHING.  I mean what can you offer a kid to come to St. Bonnie.  Cold ass weather -- pale and fat white women.   and a conference that most people can't name more then 3 teams.

You just don't get it.

You don't get it, moron.

St Bonnies is 6-13 (0-8).

how is that year in and year out? You don't think we would have a better record if we played in the A-10? maybe we should go back to the sunbelt so we can win some games for you?

St Joe's 9-9 (3-5)

Dayton 11-11 (3-5)

and if you think Gonzaga's basketball budget is less than ours then you are smoking some good stuff. Do you honestly think their coach is paid less than Mac?

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Topic Count:  41
  • Content Count:  894

Thanks guys. Just trying to throw some greater perspective out there cause it always seems like we turn these discussions into personal attacks when we don't see eye to eye with someone else.

Obviously we're all passionate about the Bulls or else we wouldn't be here having these discussions, but sometimes we get so fired up we can tend to lose perspective and the posts end up becoming Hatfield v. McCoy level arguments.

In response to Herm, I say we weather the storm this year and start over next year. Let Mac show us what he can do with a full bench playing like these kids are this season.

Granted not having a full bench falls partly on Mac for dismissing players, but you have to trust that he had the betterment of the program in mind. If there is a problem with a kid and he doesn't feel that they will fit into the program for one reason or another, that would show on the floor and I think we end up in the same boat anyways. There were also things that fall outside of his control that you can't do anything about but fight through them and do what you can.

If we were able to go 8 or 9 deep on our bench, I think we already have 3 or 4 conference victories, but between fatigue and foul trouble we just can't hold up down the stretch.

One thing I would like to see, full bench or not, is being a little bit stronger offensively inside the paint. Watching the Nova game in particular, it seemed like we were getting a lot of shots blocked because we weren't going up storng on lay-up attempts and rebound putbacks.

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  152

The A-10 is about 400 times better then CUSA!!!  

I think its safe to say that the bonnies were pretty nasty about 2 years back and Dayton has made the tourny more times in the last 5 years then USF has in 50.

and the big east is 800 x better than the A-10.

• Topic Count:  1,586
  • Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

Granted not having a full bench falls partly on Mac for dismissing players, but you have to trust that he had the betterment of the program in mind.

You just hit the nail on the head.  RMC is trying to build a program, not just a team, and that takes time.  Am I happy that we keep losing? Absolutely not!  I do believe one more year is in order.  If we don't see significant progress then, I will join those that are calling for him to be replaced.

Guest rueben_horowitz
Watching the Nova game in particular, it seemed like we were getting a lot of shots blocked because we weren't going up storng on lay-up attempts and rebound putbacks.

Agreed. Also, it seems like no one really wants the ball in their hands when it counts, Villanova game illustrated this in my opinion. Lots of good defense, but we passed on a lot of open looks...maybe it's a lack of confidence, maybe it's a lack of ability; or a combination of the two.

Bull94 - No need for name calling; a battle that you'd likely lose anyway, give it up. And you pick out three teams on that list and give their record this season...good point, fart. I think Ari's point was that they have historically better programs without a big budget. Keep on preaching the "no-money" argument, which sounds less compelling each time I hear it.

I still would like to know where all the money came to build our football program...I admit ignorance on this issue. It seems like we could pull money out of that imaginary hat to help our bb program.

Rueb

• Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  38

The coach has had his chance.  There will always be some kind of excuse when the job is not getting done.  It is difficult to make the decision to move on, but it is a waste of the program not to make that decision NOW.  We have nothing to lose at this point but the label of doormat.

Donations funded football...  there was a huge fundraising drive back in the early 90's... (or so i understand... i wasn't here then).