• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Travel Partner for USF?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  4
  • Days Won:  0

I just wanted to hear your thoughts on the need for a travel partner for USF in the big east and which school would be best.  UCF or one farther south (FIU/FAU) and what are the chances of this happening any time soon.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  1,750
  • Content Count:  17,471
  • Days Won:  13

?

• Topic Count:  38
  • Content Count:  509

don't ask, don't tell

• Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  4

Usually when conferences expand/realign they sometimes look for schools within the same geographical area to pair up a member (or bring members in pairs).  This is especially the case for members farther out from the conference "center" as it leads to substantial decreases in travel costs.

Being that USF is far from all other teams, a travel partner makes sense.  Being that the Big East may be wanting to expand soon, it may look for another Florida TV market (Orlando, Miami/Tri-County) and a USF travel partner at the same time

• Topic Count:  9,896
  • Content Count:  66,077
  • Days Won:  172

ftu/ou/oc  never

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,612
  • Content Count:  74,583
  • Days Won:  423

I just wanted to hear your thoughts on the need for a travel partner for USF in the big east and which school would be best.  UCF or one farther south (FIU/FAU) and what are the chances of this happening any time soon.

I don't think we want to be paired with that "juggernaut" in Oveido. They'll only make us look bad ...

• Topic Count:  433
  • Content Count:  2,657
  • Days Won:  1

Does ucf even play division I-A football?

• Topic Count:  723
  • Content Count:  12,293

i dont know where you came up with this but it doesn't seem like this actually happens.

i do not see how it would save any money by bringing in one of these schools.  sure, if UCF was in the big east then they could drive to a conference game every year (but we will probably end up playing them just about every season anyways)  FIU and FAU we would fly to anyways (regardless if USF wants to admit it or not but Busing down to miami was a  budget issue which will no longer come into play after 1 full season of big east football)

• Group:  UCF Knights
  • Topic Count:  207
  • Content Count:  2,276

i dont know where you came up with this but it doesn't seem like this actually happens.

i do not see how it would save any money by bringing in one of these schools.  sure, if UCF was in the big east then they could drive to a conference game every year (but we will probably end up playing them just about every season anyways)  FIU and FAU we would fly to anyways (regardless if USF wants to admit it or not but Busing down to miami was a  budget issue which will no longer come into play after 1 full season of big east football)

I think this person was taking in consideration most of the minor sports...aka volleyball, track, baseball, softball, tennis, even possibly basketball.

Those teams many times play more than 1 series per trip.

"Travel partner" obviously doesn't apply for Football obviously.

KL