• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Back from Florida - Updates

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  97,018
  • Days Won:  469

Hey Bulls,

Just got back from Florida late yesterday and only now able to get on here and catch up.

First of all, let me say that the trip to Florida started out with a broken PC...some may recall my laptop had a hard drive crash a couple months ago.  Now, it seems the power supply is out as it won't turn on via battery or AC.  I found that out upon arrival in Orlando and that left me high and dry for the last week when it comes to access to the board or SFB while on the road.

Anyhow, I hope to get the laptop repaired shortly and in the meanwhile start working on updating the board from my desktop PC (after I read all the posts I missed!).   ;)  The SFB site has to wait on the laptop repair.

Anyhow, wanted to say that I drove down to the Villanova game Tuesday.  Saw Collin, wagers, RTB and Velcro there.  I thought with the presence and power of Bulliever (and Bulliever, Jr.), the Bulls would pull it out.  It was trademark Bulls, making Nova play our game and entering the final minutes with a chance to win.

The video boards are awesome, they really make the place a lot more suitable for hoops.  Better confines..  The place was electric and the event people did a good job keeping things exciting during breaks.  The Sun Dome still fits the bill as a great college venue IMHO.

I was in conferences in Orlando Mon-Wed., but got to Tampa on Wednesday night to take in dinner at The Bull Ring.  I had a cuban sandwich (not bad) and the wife had fondue which she very much enjoyed.  The appetizer was nachos (below average) and the beverage was Yuengling (happy hour).  I liked what they did with the place and think it will only get better.  Again, Bulls better frequent the place else you'll likely see more Bucs and Eagles stuff.  I spoke with the owner, he said they were getting in more Bulls memorabilia and decor for the walls and were "encouraging" people to donate stuff.

Thursday, after a round of golf, I went to the USF Bookstore.  Picked up a couple items there for site giveaways and a pair of flip-flops for the Sheriff.  Keeping the 'Zona Bulls geared up is a responsibility I welcome.

After the Bookstore, I went to Bulls Heaven.  While I was able to pick up a couple Ts and a polo for myself, and a T for my littlest Bull, I was disappointed in the volume (lack of) merchandise.  If that is Heaven, I am gonna start betting against the Bulls.  

The most surprising thing I saw there was the rack - about 15 feet long - full of authentic jerseys.  These were not the 2005 edition, but previous years.  They had green and white.  They were concealed in a back room that I stumbled across and then was firmly told to leave.  They must have had 50-75 jerseys.  They would bring them out one by one, but not let me look myself.  

The real bad news is they were asking $150 (maybe it was $125) for them, but in any event you know they are available elsewhere for less.  **** shame that they get their hands on them and price themselves above market.

Friday I went to Beall's and picked up a load of Bulls stuff at 40% off.  The selection was thinning...found the booty at the Northdale store.  The store off of BBD only had a T-shirt for my son, nothing much in adult wear.

Didn't have time (or the handgun) to go to Sports Fan Attic at University Square...wish I had made that trip.

All in all the real prize of the trip was realizing there was no place like Dome.  Dome sweet dome.  I miss that..

The Bulls gear was great to pick up, and seeing old Bulls pals was great.

I love Florida...(the state of)

Hold tight and over the next couple days I'll get things moving in the right direction on the sites again.

Brad

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  721
  • Content Count:  6,754
  • Days Won:  19

Thaks for the flops grandpa... feels like Christmas this morning in AZ.

• Topic Count:  28
  • Content Count:  823
  • Days Won:  0

Did you sit in front of Colin at the game?

• Topic Count:  999
  • Content Count:  19,229
  • Days Won:  1

He sat front row behind the basket (same end that we sit), slightly to the right.

• Topic Count:  73
  • Content Count:  1,261
  • Days Won:  0

Bulls Heaven will ruin themselves on pricing.  Their product at the games is usually decent but about 15% overpriced.

• Topic Count:  135
  • Content Count:  3,809
  • Days Won:  4

Those 50-75 jerseys. were they all football?  And what's up with the Wizard of Oz-ish way of not being allowed back there?  Not good marketing if you're trying to sell $150 jerseys.   :-/

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  97,018
  • Days Won:  469

Did you sit in front of Colin at the game?

I was the older guy yelling at the refs all night...arms waving, red face, etc...

All the jerseys at BH were football..I guess they were in the secret room pending a move to the main floor, I don't know..