• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

USF Alumni Challenge

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  295
  • Content Count:  4,131
  • Days Won:  15

Did you know there are 195,000 USF Alumni worldwide, yet only 14,000 alumni members?

I challenge all USF Alumni to join the Alumni Association.  The membership fee is $40.00 per year or $700.00 for a lifetime (paid in installments).  There are tons of great benefits and if nothing else it's goodwill to an outstanding university.

You can join by calling Merrell Dickey @ 800-299-BULL or by going to the USF Alumni website @ www.usfalumni.net

Let's make sure Merrell gets lots of calls with alumni wanting to become members!

Also, if you are not involved in your local USF Alumni chapter you should be.  Lots of great events and networking w/BULLS.

Go Bulls!

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  26
  • Content Count:  295
  • Days Won:  0

:( Wow that is some sad stats..195,000 and we have only 14,000 members??? unreal..maybe we need to make them join before they get there degree..I know for one it is not because they are not aware..I received several mailings in regards to joining..come on BULLS make the call..join YOUR Alumni..show your support..lets keep Merrell busy

• Topic Count:  151
  • Content Count:  2,719

I like this thread!  If you are in Pinellas County, we would love to have you join us.  Please e-mail me at ghaines1@tampabay.rr.com.

• Topic Count:  96
  • Content Count:  4,078
  • Days Won:  14

We're in Pinellas, and we are wondering if there is a good place to watch the BBall game Friday night.  Is there a good place to go in north Pinellas for away games?  Good place = Lots of green and gold fans, beer, TVs, etc.

• Topic Count:  110
  • Content Count:  3,103

they have a week during the semester when they have sign up to join the alumni association and what not in the bookstore.  people can purchase cap and gowns and also sign up for the alumni association and i believe the athletic association

Guest Ari Hinkelberger

You know why there is no pride in the athletic association?

We don't win big games.  It's that simple.  Call me a downer.  Call me a jerk.  Call me whatever you want, but that is the truth.

When the USF basektball team makes the tourney and the Football team consistenly ranks in the Top 25, those numbers will rise dramtically.

It's a sad state -- but it's the truth.  Our basketball program is horrible and our footbal program is young.

Win some big games, play on espn on a thursday night, beat some ranked teams on a regular basis, don't lose to a pitiful UCONN team when you have a chance to play for the conference title, show some pride when ABC picks up your game for a national TV audience and score some points, compete for a national title, then complain to me about nobody signing up for the alumni association.

There is no pride, because there is very little to be proud of.  Our football team will save this university, but we are still about 4 years away.  

Ari Hinkelberger -- Who understands that the bulls BB team has not made the NCAA tourney in over 15 years, and will not win a single game in the big east conference this year.  Giving us 16 more reasons why we should fire Mac.  Becuase unlike some on this board my perception of MAC is:

"This dog don't hunt, pull this turkey"

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  14

Hey "Guest" Ari:

Read the thread. The call is for people to join the ALUMNI ASSOCIATION not the Athletic Association. They are two completely different organizations. Before you start dropping more 'let's beat up on USF athletics' e-bombs in every thread, try reading what you're posting to, ok?

P.S. Don't speak for me. I am very proud of my University.  So much so, that I became a life member of the ALUMNI ASSOCIATION this year. No, it wasn't because of the athletic programs; it was because of the quality of the educational programs and the impact they have on our lives and in our communities.

I will give you one point though. You're right (to paraphrase you); "the truth" is you are a "downer" and a "jerk."  

Guest Air Hinkelberger

Oh its always great to hear from the fairweather crowd.  How is life in spineless land?

Actually I am very proud of my economics degree, and when I make my small fortune I will for sure donate a nice chunk to all of my economic friends at USF.  I don't think I could have gotten a better ed anywhere in the country.  It was well rounded, it crossed all ideology, and has served me well in the real world.

But as to speak to your lack of pride, make no bones about it -  Athletics is the tip of the spear in fundraising.  That is just the reality of life.  When people sit around the water cooler on monday at work, they talk about their colleges football and basektball team, not how good of a liberal arts degree they recieved.

Thanks for the insight.

Ari Hinkelberger -- who always brings this board some life.

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Topic Count:  194
  • Content Count:  6,785
  • Days Won:  3

I seem to recall the "young alumni" organization, targeting those graduating and - I believe - two years out.  I don't recall who was in charge of that. If you're a student - you may want to check that out.

There is a modicum of truth in the posts about the Athletic Association.  USF was - for many long years - (here it comes!) Drive-Thru-U. Get your degree and get on the road. It is by succeeding in athletics (football for the most part) that the level of school pride will increase, and as such, the interest in being a card-carryin' check-writin' Alumnus will increase.  Those that experienced Drive-Thru-U will be less inclined to have an interest in the Alumni association, which I believe goes a long way to explaining the disparity between alumni and alumni association membership.

BTW: as for the Athletic Association/Bulls Club. Hmmmm...I'm pretty certain that the reason I send them a check...IS BECAUSE I HAVE TO in order to retain my season tickets. Other than seating, there isn't much reason to be "member" of that org.

Dean S. "Lifer" Robinson

• Topic Count:  723
  • Content Count:  12,293

they have a week during the semester when they have sign up to join the alumni association and what not in the bookstore.  people can purchase cap and gowns and also sign up for the alumni association and i believe the athletic association

yes, there is a deal that they ran when i graduated (may 05) where you get your cap and gown, 25 annoucements, t-shirt, car tag, and alumni association membership for like $129.

that is usually the price just for the annoucements and the cap & gown.

you will see a huge spike in these numbers for years to come.

i am curious though...what kind of installment plans do they have on that lifetime membership?