• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Did anyone notice...

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  197
  • Content Count:  10,251
  • Days Won:  14

The 9 counties surrounding Indy increased their food tax 1%.

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest S.  Bien

What I really liked about Charlotte Panthers stadium ... inside, hardly any NFL logo's ... could easily be adapted each week.

dabull, I know people like creature comforts, and I do too.  I like RayJay for a few of those like seatback chairs, arm rests, and cupholders, also Club Seating is nice, but I don't like RayJay for the carnival like atmosphere with a stupid pirate ship, all those open endzones with the goofy concessions, and giant walls with obnoxious logos and sponsorships on them.  It makes the stadium look tacty.   I am with ET that I liked Bank of America Stadium in Charlotte.  It wasn't as gaudy, and tacky.  It looked like people actually went there to watch football games.

With that being said, If an OCS was built for USF we would expect more comforts similar to Tampa Stadium then RayJay.  It would be a variance of the two.  That's just if someone was considering building an OCS.... ;D

• Topic Count:  9,898
  • Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

ray jay is a great stadium and usf is lucky ot play in such a fine facility

usf needs to worry about beating uconn than getting a stadium

no one will back  a stadium of usf can't field a top 25 team year in and year out

this issue is 5 years away from a serious discussion  at the least

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  1,750
  • Content Count:  17,508
  • Days Won:  13

I feel like im at the county fair when Im at Ray Jay

RJS is a nice facility, however, it is Disney World at it's finest. It's like they wanted to create an atmosphere for the Bucs, but tried too hard. I guess you have to remember that when they did design the facility the team was still averaging 40k a game and in desperate need of a fan base.

• Topic Count:  238
  • Content Count:  4,139
  • Days Won:  1

I actually don't like RayJay because of it's Disneyland atmosphere, the stupid ship with the open endzone and that town like concession area is tacky.  We're here to watch football games folks.

That's right, tear down the ship and build a giant anamatronic green and gold bull at the end zone that shoots fire out of his nostrils when we score.  ;)

• Topic Count:  108
  • Content Count:  2,484
  • Days Won:  1

no one will back  a stadium of usf can't field a top 25 team year in and year out

I dont agree with you often but this is very true

• Group:  UCF Knights
  • Topic Count:  207
  • Content Count:  2,276
  • Days Won:  0

Most College Football Stadiums are built for one thing and one thing only....trying to cram as many people into them as possible...as the GAME is most important.

The "atmosphere" at a NFL Game is totally different when compared to many College (mostly ON-CAMPUS) Stadiums..."less distractions" off the field...help make the CROWD and HOME ADVANTAGE greater.

Many Bull fans have commented how large parts of the crowd are either inside the Club Rooms or using the endzone party areas to "gather"...and that cuts away from the excitement of the game with all the empty seats.

If USF played at the Old Sombero again...the focus would almost ALL be ON the field...and the 1,000-2,000 located in the darkened sky boxes...one wouldn't know if they were watching the game or not.

RJS is a FUN place to go to a game no doubt...but with all of its "distractions/attractions"...it does seem to take away from the College "experience".

KL

That's right, tear down the ship and build a giant anamatronic green and gold bull at the end zone that shoots fire out of his nostrils when we score.  ;)

That would be even worse. How about nothing in the endzone except fans cheering?

Seems to work at most schools.

• Topic Count:  20
  • Content Count:  545
  • Days Won:  0

I finally agree with Smazza...Raymond James Stadium is a great stadium and it helps with recruiting because you are playing in a state of the art facility.  Win football games, increase attendence and then we will have money and then maybe we can talk about building a stadium.  But for now RJS is a great stadium and we are very lucky to play there.

BTW  Doug is talking with the Glazers to work out a new deal for the stadium since our deal is up that would give us more profits then before.