• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Bulls/ St Johns

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  219
  • Content Count:  3,827
  • Days Won:  0

Ok, I quickly browsed and didnt find a specific post about the game, so here I go...

From what I've seen of Buckley, he's overrated. And that's being VERY easy on him. I havent seen this guy make a play YET. I keep hearing how good this guy is and how he's a threat to score and blahblahblah.....

He's invisible. And he needs to step up.

Holmes is as streaky as they come. If he doesnt hit 1 of his 1st couple shots, he's done. Put a fork in him. Last night, he might as well have been wearing a Capko jersey. :o

The color announcer was begging USF to throw the ball down low....and I'm guessing that most of us watching the game were doing as well. Even though Soloman Jones has a good jumpshot, he needs to act like a big man and stop being a jumpshooter. DRIVE TO THE BASKET.

Collin Dennis is gonna be a huge help, you can see that......last night it looked, to me, like he was trying to do "too much"....

Mchugh Mattis is agressive as hell.

and now my girlfriend is blabbing on about her dream and I lost my train of thought.

• Topic Count:  2,696
  • Content Count:  6,928

we will not win another game this year.

Hope that I am wrong....   :-[

Guest BullsFans

You want specifics about the game so here goes:

The Scoreboards are the cat's meow.

The Bulls SUCKED

It wasn't worth  the price of admission.

The best shooting on the floor took place during intermision.....Along with the $500 they should have given Jason a uniform, a scholarship and put him in the game.

• Topic Count:  110
  • Content Count:  3,103

the game sucked, the ref's sucked and we couldn't get a call most of the night, buckley when at purdue i believe it was shot well, he just needs to find his shot and he'd be fine.  holmes the samething, if he comes out and makes his shots, than hes good for the rest of the night.  collin, played good for missing as much as he did, give him time he will be back.  jones and mattis, need to just keep getting low, they are our two best players.  capko, believe it or not the kid can shoot, hes just lacking confidence right now and once he starts making some shots he will be fine.  turnovers last night didn't hurt us as we were around the same as st. johns.  my boy jason did make the shot from half court, the highlight of his night, and probably for everybody there as well.  

Guest Lurky_Lurkington

"This definitely was a step back, because we didn't come out with any intensity to win tonight. Point blank, we just didn't play hard." -- Solomon Jones

How is this remotely possible when the only, and I mean only, hope you have going for you as a team is to try to outhustle your opponent, stay close and maybe get lucky enough to steal a win?

• Topic Count:  110
  • Content Count:  3,103

people have bad nights, they are human just like you and me and aren't perfect.  the aren't the best players in the NCAA and are putting their hearts and souls into every game, solomon plays about 39.5 minutes a game, your bound to get tired after awhile and have a off day, it happens even to the greatest players out there

• Topic Count:  9,898
  • Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

better luck next year

• Topic Count:  132
  • Content Count:  10,380
  • Days Won:  18

I agree with Sol about playing without passion. The Bulls were completely out hustled by a gritty St. Johns team. The Red Storm's interior men, #'s 34 and 40, were giving our front court fits. Both of these guys were 6'10" and 250lbs plus. Their backcourt played some tenacious D (shout out to Jack Black) and could dribble penetrate with ease. Quite frankly, St. Johns wanted to win the game more.

I have to once again, give props to the student section. They hung in and cheered the Bulls on until the game was put well out of hand. I can't blame the students for quieting down after St. Johns was up by about 20 points because it was quite obvious that our Bulls had already given up. Kudos also go out to McHugh Mattis because this kid hustled the whole game! I love watching him play, he's been a pleasant surprise this year.

Bottom line, we all know b-ball is going to be tough to support this year, but USF b-ball needs our support. IF we want to make this an attractive basketball school to recruits, then we have to make it a fun enviornment even with an underachieving basketball team. I'll be looking forward to Villanova on the 24th. I hope all you local members come out and support.

• Topic Count:  34
  • Content Count:  701

better luck next year

lol, i knew this was coming

• Topic Count:  724
  • Content Count:  10,219

we will be better as the year goes on

and make a run next year