• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

would you be surprised if usf lost

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  162
  • Days Won:  0

I won't be shocked if we lose to UCF.  No game is a gimmie with this offense and quarterback.  The only reason we won so easily this past year was that Andre played a great game and our D was solid the entire game.  Next year, we don't know what our D will be like.  It should be good, but UCF is on the rise too.  Should be a close game.

Hope that C Hill is ready to go by August.

Go Bulls!

From a UCF perspective, I see it this way.  UCF’s offense is brining back a lot of personnel.  The biggest loss obviously is Brandon Marshall, but through Spring and August someone should emerge to play opposite what is hopefully a healthy Mike Walker.  He had the surgery a week after the injury which indicates a clean tear with very little swelling and with a jump start on the rehab, I think he will be okay.

UCF and USF’s respective strengths will be going against each other with our offense going against your defense.  UCF’s LB must improve a great deal between our bowl game and September 2006, and USF must find better production from the passing game (I suspect the running game will be decent with Ricky Ponton, not as solid as under Andre Hall, but good).  The bigger question is how does USF’s somewhat questionable offense does against UCF’s questionable defense.

All else being equal (turnovers and special teams), this should be a low scoring game, and a close one at that.  Hopefully UCF will bring a more competitive spirit to the game as opposed to the flat emotion witnessed in 2005.  Not taking anything away from USF who pretty much whipped our ass up and down the field.

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  110
  • Content Count:  3,103

I don't understand why so many people are saying this we're losing a stud D line (3 of 4) and our STUD RB.

we have always had a good defense, no matter who we lose, for some reason our defense stays about the same.  in running back ponton is good, and showed he won't go down after the first hit.  

• Topic Count:  9,898
  • Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

i see usf regressing since the game while ftu/ou/oc has progressed

without new coaches and a real live qb usf will lose to the mighty nights

• Topic Count:  96
  • Content Count:  4,501

YES

• Topic Count:  295
  • Content Count:  6,846
  • Days Won:  22

Anything is possible thats why they play the games if the better team always won then sports would be boring and nooone would care.

With that said i will go on record right now that our Defense will be even better next year than it was this past year.

Go Bulls.

As for UCF improving through the year i think a lot had to do with the competition, Tulsa and Nevada lit them up pretty good and ran at will just like we did.

• Topic Count:  723
  • Content Count:  12,293

yes i would be shocked.  we are losing some good players on our D-line but we have very good atheletes coming in right behind them.  Ponton is a very good back and we should have another true freshman that can make plays too.

our LBs will be able to shut down UCFs offense again.  

• Topic Count:  217
  • Content Count:  2,495
  • Days Won:  1

QB play (passing game) was basically a non factor in this game.  66 rushes for 326 yards was the story.  

Without Andre I see this one fairly close next year and would not be surprised if we cough it up.

If we played them tomorrow (with Andre) I still wouldn't like our chances based on the offense over the past three games.

• Topic Count:  39
  • Content Count:  618

Just to refresh all of your memories, UCF's defense was and still is horrible. Even with our OC/QB problems we still killed them, and Andre himself has even said that Ponton will be better than him. No way we drop this one, and if we do, i'll be very shocked. Don't be surprised if we beat them by more next season; we're in a totally different league than them.

• Topic Count:  197
  • Content Count:  10,251
  • Days Won:  14

Andre said Ponton is better than him...Thats great

Too bad Ponton has a long way to go, he constantly dances in the backfield and often runs side to side instead of foward. He showed signs of life against NC State, but would have a great run, then 2 terrible runs. The key to this team next season is a quick transistion on the Oline (losing 3 starters).

UCF's Defense started a lot of freshmen and sophomores didn't they?

I think we win, but it will be a 24-23 type win.