• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

University Is Bullish On A New Sports Bar

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  597
  • Content Count:  6,557
  • Days Won:  3

Well I can say while the menu appears to be written by someone who attended CI of A,  the food was rather ho-hum, but I am pretty picky.  I would certainly eat there again, and would go there to watch games.

I could go to a sports bar and get better bar food, I could go to a multitude of non-bar places and get a better sit down meal.

The food is not the reason to come at this point, but I can assume when they get their act together it will be good.   As I said the menu is well written and covers a lot of different tastes.  I admit to having a little bit of a snobby palatte, though.

It has nice tv's, the staff is friendly,  and it is Bull friendly!

It's worth a visit!

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  10
  • Content Count:  159
  • Days Won:  0

Wow, another thread that is off topic and banters to some guy that is complaining about why he wont eat at a particular establishment.  I really dont care whether you go or not and I am not going to try and convince you otherwise.  

This is a step in the right direction.  Heck, the name is enough for me to get excited about since Fowler Ave is a major gateway to USF from various locations and that particular area could use all the help it can get.  I am sure the owners will continue to enhance the USF items inside but their menu is the focus.  Most casual fans will return for good food and not because they can stare at a old football helmet on a wall.  

Again, it is great that these businessmen stepped up and with all the complaints about that Gators place down the road, I consider this a win-win for all Bulls fans.

edited thanks to Bubbles  :)

• Topic Count:  44
  • Content Count:  1,142

Well said!!!  (Except it's on Fowler, not Fletcher)

• Topic Count:  135
  • Content Count:  3,809
  • Days Won:  4

Wish the greenery would step up and become all it can be when it relates to USF.  I went there before the basketball game during thanksgiving weekend and was disappointed that they still haven't rallied around USF.

• Topic Count:  238
  • Content Count:  4,139
  • Days Won:  1

Wish the greenery would step up and become all it can be when it relates to USF.  I went there before the basketball game during thanksgiving weekend and was disappointed that they still haven't rallied around USF.

I can dig ya Beastie, But let's face it, Who does rally around USF? I give a big Amen to Griff's statement about this being a step in the right direction, and ya know WE ARE responsible in turning our favorite hangouts focus' towards the light (or towards the green and gold anyway). When A USF game is on at your favorite pub, turn in on!  If your local Home Deopt doesn't carry USF merchandise when they carry uf and fsu crap, then be proactive! Tell the manager you want to see USF too!  BE A BULLS PUSHER, (Bull Backer) And frequent all the spots that are BULL FRIENDLY!!!

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Topic Count:  194
  • Content Count:  6,785
  • Days Won:  3

Thang is...and I'm just being honest here...I'll be surprised if they survive.  It doesn't have so much to do with the name or affiliation with USF - but Tampa is hard on restaurants.  

I'd have to say that for me - this would be a destination.  It's not like the place is convenient to either the ranch or the office, so my frequenting of the establishment will be what it will be. If the place were not associated with USF ... I'd never  have seen the inside of it.

Like Mutt said...if "we" want it to stick around, "we" have to show the support.

• Topic Count:  826
  • Content Count:  10,874
  • Days Won:  2

I'm happy happy to hear that you enjoyed it Mike...How do you rate the food at Mickey D's?

The food at Mickey D's is pretty greasy, whereas the food that I ate at the Bull Ring was quite good.  Thanks for asking, dillhole.

• Topic Count:  723
  • Content Count:  12,293

the food was pretty good.  

its not the outback but far from mc d's.

you people baffle me.  stop complaining about someone who is actually puttin some $$ to create a Bulls atmosphere in Tampa.

sure the location is a KILLER for them....they would of been better off taking over where Gators Dockside is at before Gators opened...but

COME ON.

• Topic Count:  104
  • Content Count:  1,981

What you all want is nearly impossible, a cheap sports bar dedicated to USF, with great food, where the only drink allowed is green Hawaiian punch, playboy bunnies for waitresses, green and gold chairs, and with Bulls wallpaper wall to wall.  Are you guys kidding me? What sports bar/restaurant could be so committed to USF that they would even set up a shop in front to sell USF items.  Instead of putting down the place just either support it or give smart and positive criticism.  These owners are here for business and I could think of a few enterprises that would be a lot less risky than a USF themed restaurant.  

And to the owners, well, Thank You for taking a chance on USF.  Thank you for having the vision of an all out USF restaurant when nobody has dared to do that before you.  Thank you for your 2 million dollar investment.  For years we have all complained about a lack of a place like this and now you have made it happen.

• Topic Count:  723
  • Content Count:  12,293

^^^^^^^

exactly...

these owners of the Bull Ring either really want to take a chance on USF or they are really stupid.