• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Big East 2006 OCC games

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  191
  • Content Count:  2,363
  • Days Won:  0

i think its funny how kansas is so eager to schedule florida teams in hopes that they'll maybe factor into recruiting here...they should focus more on texas. and by the way jayhawks, we aren't FAU or FIU...im expecting USF to win that game along with UNC. time to make our presence felt in some of the other big conferences. for that reason, we should make one of those games a big road trip next year.

I say UNC would be a good road game--partially because I'll be there anyway living in NC, but I think it would make some waves if the state of NC were to think "****, those bulls roll deep!" after we showed up for the bowl game... Plus, Nc State is pissing distance away >: )

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest USFSam

yep...plus the better the big east does against the "power conferences", the better our case is to keep the bcs berth...a strong showing by both the team and fans would be huge

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  686
  • Content Count:  7,649
  • Days Won:  6

Surprised UL has 2 games to still schedule.

• Topic Count:  300
  • Content Count:  7,993
  • Days Won:  21

Would you schedule a home-and-home with UL if you were a mid-level BCS team?  Go to Pizza-place and lose by 45 and they come to your stadium and beat you by 30.  

• Topic Count:  110
  • Content Count:  3,103

sk-one you might lose to louisville but they will draw fans

• Topic Count:  300
  • Content Count:  7,993
  • Days Won:  21

Bullz, true, but when you that game is the difference between being bowl eligible or not (and thus fired or not) most ADs and coaches take the easy way out.

• Topic Count:  110
  • Content Count:  3,103

true, but depending on the team it could be the biggest game of their season, and if they have a hang with them for a bit, just think what that would do to their confidence.  its not going to be easy to get somebody to play them, especially when they are supposed to be a top 15 team.  maybe buffalo or one of the lower teams in the ncaa, it would be like us scheduling texas or usc's teams from this year for a game

• Topic Count:  128
  • Content Count:  580

UCF loses starters:

Offense:

TE: #84 Darcy Johnson

WR: #6 Brandon Marshall

Defense:

DE: #95 Paul Carrington

DE: #49 Glenroy Watkins

DT: #98 Frisner Nelson

LB: #48 James Cook

Special Teams:

K: #2 Matt Prater

First glimpse:

If the game was played tomorrow - We would have a better showing defensively against you with our backups against a Hall-less offense.  I'm not saying we shut down #5 at all - but we'll keep him in check enough to force you to throw some passes...Julmiste + Burnett = turnover.  

I also like our chances on offense to do more than score 1 quality TD (our 2nd against you was in garbage time if I remember correctly).  Marshall is a loss, but #11 Walker is our #1 reciever who was injured in the championship and bowl game (funny how it works out).  Darcy was more of a blocker than a reciever for us at TE.  With 2 RB and Moffet and Walker returning, we should be able to move the ball the same or at least better against your D after it's losses.

I'm thinking something along the lines of 34-27 either way.

But it's December, 2006 is still a ways away!  Who knows how UCF and USF will do with recruiting.  We both had to adjust to the December process being interrupted by Bowl game preparations, but better recruiting because of said bowl games.  In 2006, after exciting and BIG wins over McNeese State and Villanova - these boards should be CRAZY going into the rematch in the Citrus Bowl!!

I'm psyched as a UCF fan and a college football fan.  

Good luck in the offseason, Bulls!

• Topic Count:  295
  • Content Count:  6,833
  • Days Won:  22

Our defense should be just as good as ot was this past year. I dont see you guys scoring 27+ points on us. But is all talk now.

• Topic Count:  9,898
  • Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

more likely we go 2-3

unless we get lucky and get a great qb as a freshman or jc