• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

What can I do for the Bulls?

Guest USFSam

Guest USFSam

Alright, in 4 days I begin my first term as a Bull. An illness forced me to stay home after high school and get my A.A. at the local C.C., and during that time I've had to sit and watch tons of friends go off to their respective schools and come back and flaunt their school pride,etc. Especially with UF. I come from a long-line of Gators and, in addition to my family serving as major financial contributors to UF athletics, my immediate peer group all decided Gainesville was the place to be. Growing up, nearly every fall Saturday was spent in The Swamp or some other SEC football site. So, after getting my health back and finishing the A.A., it seemed natural that I'd fall in line for UF, but threw everyone a curveball when I chose USF instead. In the time I spent at home, I had gotten to know more about USF and fell in love with it. I really hadn't followed Bull athletics, but this past football season made me even more of a "bulliever" in this school, its potential, and the direction it's heading.

There's a post in the  "Classics" section by Griggsy which basically sums up how I feel about this school. After the last few years, I feel lucky to be alive at all, and certainly feel privileged to have the opportunity I have at USF. Taking those feelings a step further, where's the best place to begin doing my part as a student to help USF take it to the next level?? Student Athletic Club? Bull Backers? Buying season tix for both football and basketball? I'll contribute whatever I can. I've researched the websites and completed the online orientation, but am not sure I was exposed to all the ways students can help the Bulls. Are there many volunteer opportunities, etc.??

I know we each probably harbor different dreams or visions of greatness for our program...winning the Big East, winning a BCS bowl, winning a national title one day, etc. My personal, ultimate USF moment would obviously be to witness the Bulls bring the Florida Gators (FL's oldest and most arrogant program) to their knees in a few years and getting to shove it in all my reptile friends' and familys' faces....let them know there's a program down in Tampa that has something to say about this state's football establishment. Chants of "U-S-F!" ringing throughout The Swamp after it's been drained....man, that'd be the day. I realize we got a long way to go before a day like that and need a lot more support  to make those type of dreams a reality; and it'll probably be a longer and harder road than I imagine before we get there. Still, I want to do whatever I can from day one to help the cause. Any suggestions or tips about how to get involved would be appreciated.

Sunday January 8th: USFSam reports for duty. Go Bulls!

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  723
  • Content Count:  12,293
  • Days Won:  0

welcome aboard.  best thing you can do while being a student is just to talk about the bulls non stop on campus.  make sure all the new friends you meet at school attend the games and just show as much support as you can.

from your post it shoulds like you will be a valuable addition to the university.

while you are a student i would recommend joining the SBC.

• Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  188

I would suggest for sure that you join the student bulls club.  My son is the vice- president for this organization and I can tell you they get great deals on road trips and especially the bowl game.  Join up talk to other students about Bulls athletics.  Welcome to Bulls Country, glad to have you aboard.

Go Bulls!

• Topic Count:  151
  • Content Count:  2,719

Welcome to Bulls Country!  I am so excited about the enthusiasm you are bringing with you and Rezz is right.  Spread the Bulls love.  It's sad that you have to do that on your own campus but there are still some students that are excited about their own team.  

I would start with the SBC then when you graduate, join and more importantly, participate with the alumni association.  You can also join us, the bullbackers, and hang out with us for home and away games.  

Congrats on becoming a Bull and good luck at school.

• Topic Count:  483
  • Content Count:  2,923
  • Days Won:  1

Go to the games and cheer the Bulls and have your friends do the same.

• Topic Count:  114
  • Content Count:  2,052

Sam welcome to the Bulls family. It was a pleasant air of pride when you spoke such an ill wind of the Gayturds. My boy, you will fit in just fine here at USF. DEFINITELY, you must join the SBC(Student Bulls Club). For a mere $25 a year, you get many perks on road trips, special deals on upcoming events, and become one of the student leaders on campus for USF Athletics. My time with SBC, (formerly known as the Student Athletic Association) was one I will never forget. Remember one thing. Being a Bull is not just being a fan. It is being part of a family. A family that continues to grow everyday, bleeds green and gold, and is a part of history in Tampa. Again, welcome my fellow Bull. We're glad to have you in the family!    The Reaper

• Topic Count:  24
  • Content Count:  274

aww... I would so be your friend....

Congrats on becoming a Bull...you won't regret it one bit...there are times when we are down and then you go to a basketball game like tonight and you think there is a light at the end of the tunnel....

Best of Luck at USF!

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  66

First off welcome to the Family, the best thing you can do is join the Student Bulls Club, wear Green and Gold almost everyday, talk up your school no matter where you go. And go to every game you can, and get loud for our Bulls, and go home horse.

• Topic Count:  110
  • Content Count:  3,103

join sbc, if you want more details on it send me a private message here and i'd be glad to give you some more details for you and to also go with you to sign up.  come to the games and have fun.  usfbob83 who is your son?  as far as i know the vice president of the club is a girl.  

• Topic Count:  238
  • Content Count:  4,139
  • Days Won:  1

Well GOD BLESS YA KID!!! Glad to see you aboard and  **** proud to have ya at The University of South Florida!!!

Ya know it's funny that you ask us what you should do while at USF... the only answer I can give you is... "Anything you **** well please"  YOU, right now are in the unique position to create tradition at this school. You don't have to follow anybody. Take charge, Take control, and make this time you have into something RemarkaBULL!