• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Which Bull are you?

Guest BasketBull.

Guest BasketBull.

I feel that there are two group of Bulls; the ones that jumped on board right as football took off, and the previous generation of Bulls who vicariously connect to the basketball program.

I love USF and I'm thrilled every time we have success -in any sport.

But deep down I identify with USF basketball, and until we achieve a return to the Dance I'll always feel something is amiss.

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Topic Count:  194
  • Content Count:  6,785
  • Days Won:  3

I attended USF from '92-'94, but never attended one sporting event.  My interest in - and donations to - USF athletics began with the advent of football.  I have since joined the atheltic association, continue to purchase football season tix and attend a few basketball & baseball games per year. If USF had never gone the football route, I doubt I'd have ever even developed a marginal interest in hoops/baseball.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  99
  • Content Count:  4,517
  • Days Won:  0

Jorge Azcoitia, Gary Alexander, Cuda Patterson etc ........ that should tell you which I am.     ;)

• Topic Count:  999
  • Content Count:  19,229
  • Days Won:  1

My first year as a Bull was my freshman year, 1996, and was the birth of football.  I am and will always be a basketball fan first, but the timing of football coming on board helped me become a bulls football fan that much sooner.  

So i'm kinda in the middle of both groups

• Topic Count:  693
  • Content Count:  5,550
  • Days Won:  1

It doesn't really matter to me, because we are all part of Bull Nation.

I've enjoyed watching the rise of football and the many improvments

which have resulted since its inception. But hoops is closer to the crux of my fan interest.

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  393

I first set foot on the USF campus in September of 1969. At that time, homecoming was centered around soccer. The only other athletic teams we had were baseball, swimming, tennis, and golf. In the fall of 1970 our basketbull program bagan with a JV mens team. We played other JV teams around our state as well as junior college teams. I attended our first game at Curtis Hixon Hall against UF. We won by about ten points. The team went 19-7 if I remember correctly. I became a manager of the first varsity team in 1971 and worked with Steve Mazza several years later with the Golden Brahmans. I guess I will always be a little partial to the basketbulls but surely love the footbulls as well.

• Topic Count:  1,148
  • Content Count:  6,502

Why does this matter?  Why are we even being asked this question?  If you are an Alum, then you are a Bull or Golden Brahaman, as we were known, whether basketball, baseball or football..whatever sport.  

Personally I support my University thus Alma Mater. I am Class of 1981-COBA.  I just happened upon this board liked what I read and the support for the University and thought I might stay awhile.

Don't ever question why I support USF.  DAMMIT I enjoy football a hell of a lot more than basketball.

:(:o >:(

• Topic Count:  469
  • Content Count:  4,451

The Green and Gold blooded kind  :).

• Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  126

As a boy my Dad would take me to see the Bulls play at Curtis Hixon Hall.  Got to see Leon "Leki" Smith, Penny Green, Doug Aplin, and Steve Stanford.  Later, my freshman year, the Sun Dome opened and I got to see Tony Grier, Vince Reynolds, Rob Rutledge, Willie Redden, Ingram "the assassin" Purvis, John Grant,and Jorge Azcoitia.  Man, those were the days!  My freshman year we went 18-10 and got an NIT bid, our first in school history, to play UCONN at our place!  Of course we lost, but that year we got to sign arguably the best player to ever wear a bulls uniform, Charlie Bradley.  If we hadn't gone to the NIT would he have come here?  Who knows?

• Topic Count:  15
  • Content Count:  198

Anyone Remember the old gym? Penny Green was the man.