• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

USF Marketing - Be Positive/Constructive

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Topic Count:  194
  • Content Count:  6,785
  • Days Won:  3

With the Bulls we are dealing with a situation where there have been at least 3 alternatives within the state for at least 40 years before we even started a program. I would even venture to say that the majority of fans for those 3 teams never actually went to school there, but they still see no reason to change their allegance just because the Bulls are the "home" team and unfortuantely that probably will not change until we win and go bowling on a consistant basis.

It's very easy to be a fan of the big three if you're resident in Tampa. Just park your butt in front of the TV on Saturdays. You don't have to buy a ticket(s), you don't have to go to the stadium, and most importantly, you can still chime in on Monday when we recap the weekend.

The bulk of this thread is on the mark.

1. You can't make someone buy a ticket they're not interested in. You'd pretty much have to have been Shaivo'd not to know about USF football at this point. And we all know it.

2. Bandwagoneers: regretably, that is what we're going to have to embrace until the current student population morphs into paying alumni. We have a miniscule season ticket base. Absolutely pathetic. There's no other way to describe it.

3. Casual Fans: they're not going to know about nor care about the Leavitt/McCullum radio shows. Why? Because all they care about is saturday night entertainment. They're not opening their wallets for the school...they're not alumni...they're not Bulls Club members...and they don't go to road games. These "casual fans"....they're the absentee folks when the games are not Saturday night at 7:30.

Bottom Line: you can't sell what people don't want to buy. And right now - since we're not setting the world on fire - folks don't want to spring for these tickets.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  104
  • Content Count:  1,433
  • Days Won:  0

Use what's available....students.   How many marketing students are in USF now pursuing a degree.  Offer a promotion to get them to put their idea out there...it could be a career kick start for somebody.  At a minimum....use it to get the students out even if it doesn't go public.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  4,751
  • Content Count:  37,675
  • Days Won:  29

...  Offer a promotion to get them to put their idea out there...it could be a career kick start for somebody.  

Like this idea also.

• Topic Count:  219
  • Content Count:  3,827

Shoop--someone neds to give you a job! :-)

I think a person in my postition - having never been a student, only a fan - has a different opinion than those that have been or are on campus for extended periods of time.

It was really just common sense stuff, to me.... *shrug*

My post was coming from a different point of view, and I think sometimes the USF folks only think in terms of "from the inside" meaning those on campus or those who have been on campus(alumni)...

Sometimes we need to think outside the box ... information is the best commodity (sp?)

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Topic Count:  41
  • Content Count:  894

Wow Shoop......who stole your handle and made that post   ;)

Now, for another one of my brilliant ideas........Brandon Baker jerseys for everyone!!!!!   ;D

Wow Shoop......who stole your handle and made that post   ;)

Shhhhhh!!!  :-X

This thread just wont go away....

[sinister smile/]

BigShoop wrote:

I guess the program making money is now considered a minor issue...

Not what I was saying on the other thread ... but I don't believe uni's have that much to do with making money.

Look at Penn St, USC, Notre Dame ...