• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

USF Marketing - Be Positive/Constructive

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  4,748
  • Content Count:  37,650
  • Days Won:  29

I say that the USF marketing team is worse just because we have a good product and no one knows about it.

Okay, this subject is up again and wish to address it ... it´s my last full day down here in Rio and the Brahma Beer has been flowing steadily  8)

I do not fault USF Marketing one bit ... we have put a good team on the field for a few year, we´re only 9 years old. We have good name teams coming in.

The public, local college football fans and alums know of USF Football. They are just not deciding to come ... why? I am shocked by this after seeing nearly 50K screaming for our BULLS on 9-6-97 (sure there were a few KY Wesleyen fans) ... it seems that half were there for the novelty of it.

I´ve given enough time for the alums of years past ... they are a disappointing goup of alums. PERIOD !!!  >:( I´ve given up on them ... sure USF hasn´t though.

What we also need to do is concentrate on current students becoming BULLS attending games.

So lets ´have some GREAT ideas to help build USF Fan Base !

Let´s not bash, but brainstorm for positive results !

I see lots of replies on stupid rumor posts, but today is a thread about the Original BULLS that went through the first 5 seasons ... where are the thoughts on these ... many seem to take it for granted.

Go BULLS !!!

P.S. Heading to the fridge for another Brahma!  8)

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  646
  • Content Count:  7,890
  • Days Won:  0

Ok I guess my bashing on the marketing at USF was a little harsh, by no means are they as bad as the rays, I do agree that the future is in the students and the bulls of the future. My only question is how do we get more students to the bowl games and to the games that don’t have a lot of meaning (Cinny and SU)

... My only question is how do we get more students ... to the games ...

Students are in FREE !!! I don´t know of a better way ... they even have buses from campus I BULLIeve ...  :-/

P.S. And every game has meaning ... or it should.  :P

• Topic Count:  646
  • Content Count:  7,890

what about the bowl game it would help if we did something like rutgers did

• Topic Count:  104
  • Content Count:  1,981

These are some suggestions for next year. I hope marketing takes this thread and some of its ideas seriously.  

Dale Mabry USF:  We need to raise a few dozen USF banners along the highway near the stadium. The average person that drives through the highway doesn't associate the stadium one bit with USF.  That needs to change.  I don't think the Glazers have any say on what goes up on Dale Mabry.

Fireworks  A "Green and Gold" firework after every USF score.

HOA: This might be kind of an ODD idea but it might be worth a shot.  Encourage local Home Owners Assoc (HOAs) to organize community wide tailgates.  Offer them free beads and other cheap items, along with a Rocky the Bull appearance for the kids.

more to come.

• Topic Count:  26
  • Content Count:  295

NO...BULLfreak ...you are not out of order in your statement on bull marketing..you dont have to be a mental genius to realize it sucks..maybe to many Brahma Beers and you dont realize it and if we the fans cant bash them then who will and things will stay the same..yes we need to be positive to a certain point but call a spade a spade..marketing should be the ones with the questions and reach out to the FANS the Students and ask them some of these same questions..maybe the answer is finding a marketing agency..I dont know if we really have one..sorry but to be positive you need something to be positive about and marketing at USF would be very hard to find a positive there...We all agree...GO BULLLLLLS

Fireworks  A "Green and Gold" firework after every USF score.

more to come.

Really like this one ... wonder what the cost would be ?

...BULLfreak ...you are not out of order in your statement on bull marketing...

He wasn´t out of order ... but what is your IDEA ?

And be specific if you have one, not build a better mouse trap.

And would like to know SPECIFICS from you of what marketing has done soo wrong ?

Go BULLS !!!

considering there has only been a true marketing department in Athletics for a few months I'd say it hasn't been that bad an is definitely going to continue to grow.

How are things in NC Dean ?

Better stay the fired up new version we expect.

8)