• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

USF Marketing - Be Positive/Constructive

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,331
  • Content Count:  97,075
  • Days Won:  469

comingsoon.jpg

Not to derail the chatter, but here is an example of an XOS site from the local desert here in AZ:

http://www.arizonaathletics.com/

I am very pleased to see us move in this direction and anxiously await the new site.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest BullsFans

What happens to a coach who doesn't produce a winning team?

The same thing that should happen to marketing/sales people who don't increase sales.

Guest BullsFans

I have just been all over the place getting gear for the road trip. BTW, if somebody needs car flags then stop by the Sports FanAttic at University Mall or at the Bucs and Bulls Heaven on Florida, they are going for $13

Car Flags are $9.95 at Sports Authority

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Topic Count:  194
  • Content Count:  6,784
  • Days Won:  3

considering there has only been a true marketing department in Athletics for a few months I'd say it hasn't been that bad an is definitely going to continue to grow.

For some odd reason, this guest seems to find my moniker amusing. This isn't the "real" WoolyBully.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  9,898
  • Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

when does criticism become negative and destructive?

• Topic Count:  646
  • Content Count:  7,890
  • Days Won:  0

when it is untrue

• Topic Count:  826
  • Content Count:  10,874
  • Days Won:  2

There is a lot of criticism on this site that is negative and destructive, including the bulk of yours.

• Topic Count:  98
  • Content Count:  1,532
  • Days Won:  0

I think we can all agree on one thing.  This being the first season that we had a marketing department, they have been getting alot done.  Obvoiusly more can be done, esp on-campus ads (some type of NON-MOVABLE sign, i know the people who steal signs).  Some of our students seem to be brain dead... therefore needing reminding.  This shouldnt be needed, but you know us.

If you want to tell marketing your ideas... Kosha Irby (Associate Director of Athletics - Marketing/Event Management) (kirby@admin.usf.edu) is really open and willing to converse on ideas.  He is obviously busy right about now... as they are also "in charge" of the spirit squads, production, and the band (the production end of it).

Overall, I KNOW they are trying very VERY hard to improve.  Ideas, even when coming from non-paid students  ;) , are always going to help build and grow a program.  

Of course I am writing this from my laptop in the Athletics hotel in Charlotte.  I'm biased  ;D.

GO BULLS!!!!!!!!!!!

If the Bulls continue to be successful on the field, it will take care of itself. It'd be nice to have people "invest" in the program, but fact is most have to be won over with results. As far as the marketing, I think they're doing a solid job. For instance, I'm an incoming transfer student with no previous ties to USF and the fact that I'm posting on this board says a lot, IMO. I think they did a good job of getting the Bulls out there this past fall and will improve as everything continues to evolve. The more students that take positive memories  of Bulls football with them after graduation will mean the more alumni support down the road. It'll happen. We've got a coach who's commited, we're located in a football hotbed, and we play in a conference that offers the perfect platform for a program like us: competitive enough to garner BCS recognition but not so competitive we can't soon dominate it. It'll come together. We're just a young program.