• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

USF Athletics: dropping the ball, big time.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  515
  • Content Count:  7,379
  • Days Won:  3

YEah when we have had a football team for 27 years much less one that hasnt been to a bowl game in 27 years I am sure our fans would be there in force...

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  219
  • Content Count:  3,827
  • Days Won:  0

and im sure those same fans WISH they couldve been to the first......

its just excuses to me. sorry.

• Topic Count:  99
  • Content Count:  10,565
  • Days Won:  7

why PAST christmas?!

wouldnt that have been the perfect time for bowl game trips as a GIFT?

I dunno, this just seems so simple to me, and I just dont understand why USF doesnt try harder.

It's almost like the Vince Naimoli syndrome. He always said that if fans showed up, he would spend money on the team. When he had it COMPLETELY backwards. USF thinks they can just put a product out there and it will sell itself, when that couldnt be farther from the truth.

ANY team in Tampa, especially the new ones, have to fight DECADES of time that  fans have rooted  for other teams. USF MUST improve it's marketing in order to attract the casual fan. Otherwise, we'll have 25-30,000 fans - TOTAL - for the next 10+ years.

The last part of your original post seemed to be aimed at promoting via the radio/tv/etc. If I misinterpreted that, then I apologize. With the holidays and family I have barely seen anything in terms of athletic events until this evening, so any kind of promotion on radio or tv would have been waste in my mind. Now is the time to flood the market with it.

As for gifts of trips or tickets, I think that Andrew Huggins guy said it best in the Tribune. It was easy to find what you were looking for if you just put a little effort forth.

There was plenty of hype and information available since the bid was announced.

As for gifts of trips or tickets, I think that Andrew Huggins guy said it best in the Tribune. It was easy to find what you were looking for if you just put a little effort forth.

There was plenty of hype and information available since the bid was announced.

Exactly.

USF has done a good job.

But in their situation, it wouldve paid off a LOT more had they gone above and beyond our expectations of them.

"A little effort" is not what a fringe USF/FSU fan is gonna do. "A little effort" is not what someone who could just as easily watch the game on his couch is gonna do.

Everything, it seems, that USF does requires the fans to put in "a little effort". Now, us diehard fans have no problem putting in that extra effort, but for about 80% of my group, in particular, they would have just as easily stayed home.

Staying home doesnt require "a little effort"

• Topic Count:  723
  • Content Count:  12,293

since our bowl turnout is going to be pretty weak we need to make sure everyone is united by wearing GREEN!!!!!!!!

• Topic Count:  723
  • Content Count:  12,293

tell everyone you know that is going!!!!...

WEAR GREEN!!!!!!

• Topic Count:  4
  • Content Count:  77

YEah when we have had a football team for 27 years much less one that hasnt been to a bowl game in 27 years I am sure our fans would be there in force...

I'm sure Rutgers giving students $300 for travel expenses helped in getting fans out there. Just wish USF would have stepped up more.

• Topic Count:  104
  • Content Count:  1,981

I think this is more than a fair comparison.  Yeah, 27 year wait for them BUT this is our FIRST Bowl game ever! EVER. This is history, more history than having to wait 27 years.  Sometimes we come up with the most absurd ideas on this board, but the one about telling every ticket buyer to wear Green was brilliant and not picked up by the AA.  

No, dont TELL them....

Hand them a ticket and a green shirt and say "Thanks for your purchase, we hope you enjoy the game. Here is a free gameday tshirt. We're hoping to represent with a sea of GREEN."

How hard would that be?

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  4,751
  • Content Count:  37,676
  • Days Won:  29

The GameDay t-shirt will be most likely covered by the Green SweatShirt( a bit cool) ... BULLieve we´ll be a small Sea of Green.

Go BULLS !!!