• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Bulls Baseball Discussion

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  35
  • Content Count:  336
  • Days Won:  0

@Sk00b i believe that only 8 of 10 teams make the AAC Conference Baseball tournament. 

We did not qualify a couple years ago, which was a joke!

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  74
  • Content Count:  12,621
  • Days Won:  25

1 hour ago, Cpa_bull1990 said:

@Sk00b i believe that only 8 of 10 teams make the AAC Conference Baseball tournament. 

We did not qualify a couple years ago, which was a joke!

Which makes mohl's super regional run even more lucky.  He had a mediocre team that got hot at the right time, just to run out of gas and short on talent to finish. We haven't been back since which boils down to coaching and recruiting. In fact we haven't finished o.500 since then in conference or overall . Kf we can't finish at the top of the aac by year 7; then time to move on and fulfill the culture  change that Golesh started winning is the standard.  Right now mohl is everything but a winning coach.

• Downvote 1

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,714
  • Days Won:  424

1 hour ago, Outlaw said:

fulfill the culture  change that Golesh started winning is the standard.

Golesh didn’t start that at USF no matter how much you want to keep this up. CJF and CKE have had a winning culture for many many moons, along with others for a shorter span, and it’s disrespectful as hell to keep pimping CAG for some kind of a new dawn in USF Athletics after one year. He’s done a helluva job stopping the free fall football was in and hopefully will continue the upward trend. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Triple B said:

Golesh didn’t start that at USF no matter how much you want to keep this up. CJF and CKE have had a winning culture for many many moons, along with others for a shorter span, and it’s disrespectful as hell to keep pimping CAG for some kind of a new dawn in USF Athletics after one year. He’s done a helluva job stopping the free fall football was in and hopefully will continue the upward trend. 

Actually he did. His exact quote was "winning is the standard"  at usf  . No one else actually said it then did it . He coined the phrase and brought it to fruition. Now Billy mohl is a losing head coach that is on a losing streak.  When your  best regular season is by far year 1  and you are in year 7 as a coach; then it us safe to say it is a coaching problem.  Six straight seasons of regression never coming close to the peak roster he inherited . He got really lucky on  a super  lucky tournament run  on conference and the magic in the bottle ran out. Now we are stuck as a sub 0.500 aac team and don't have the pitching from a former pitcher turned coach to compete on a daily basis in year seven. This is unacceptable and should have already been fired .  If golesg was this bad in year 7 and his best year was his first we all  agree he should be fired. It should have already happened to mohl.

Edited by Outlaw
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Triple B said:

WWW.USFORACLE.COM

Bulls head coach Alex Golesh reflected on his team’s up and...

Golesh coined the phase and set the bar the standard is to win and winning is standard  which are his phrases.

Not my fault usf is still losing in year 7 in conference play of coach Mohl. 

Edited by Outlaw

• Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  3,374
  • Days Won:  5

I thought we should have hired Tom Herman?

• Off Topic 1

21 minutes ago, olafberserker said:

Well, beat 4 aac teams ....... So CAG was a bad hire?  Make up your mind

4-4 aac record in conference play. 4 times the conference the previous years total. Golesh  coached up and mohl trending down still in year 7. Mohl inherited a 42 win team went down to 36 net loss of 6 wins. Which was his peak. Two seasons of o.500 or better in 7 years in conference play is unacceptable  .

Edited by Outlaw

• Topic Count:  11
  • Content Count:  879
  • Days Won:  1

I thought Best is the Standard? 

1 hour ago, USF_Bullsharks said:

I thought Best is the Standard? 

That failed like extensions  to all. Mohl Is the last men's big 3 coach still standing. 

45 minutes ago, olafberserker said:

You didn't answer the question

Keeping telling us how great Mohl is and he is everything but a losing coach. Everyone but you knows he should have been fired last year or the year before without a doubt. 

Billy Mohl  Overall Record at USF 162-177-1   162/340= 0.476 win percentage

Year 1- 36–22 net 6 losses from previous  year 42–19    0.619  

Year 2-  26–27    net 10 losses from previous year   .491 huge win percentage decrease

Year 3-  6–11   0.353 huge win percentage decrease

Year 4- 31–30 .508 super regional still not as good as his first season and went on a lucky tournament run

year 5- 28-29 0.491  win percentage decrease- 2 win regression

year 6- 21–39  major regression again  0.350 win percentage

year 7- 21-19 0.525    win percentage Still not good enough losing in conference play.

Overall conference record 54-75-1 54/130=0.415 win percentage in conference play

Year 1 - 14–9–1

Year 2-  8–16

Year 3-  0 games 

Year 4-  14-14 

Year 5 -  8–16

Year 6- 7–17

Year 7-   7-8 

Guy needs 21 straight wins to be average in conference play.

USF even with Billy's losing ways

1729-1410-6  Win percentage 0.5497 ~ 0.550 Mohl is drastically underperforming  and should not be coaching .  We have major regression from year one with  the program he inherited and are no where near getting back to being a winning program capable of winning 30 plus game consistently.  WE literally have had 6 straight down years . HE has had seven years to recruit and develop the team to his liking and he is producing hot garbage for pitching still. At what point can we call a spade a spade? Strong got two seasons of straight regression and was fired. Scott got three years of straight regression and was fired.  Gregory got four years of straight regression and he was fired. Why does AD MK favor this guy who can't build a consistent winner in year 7?

The stats and facts show he isn't a good or even an average coach. He can't hold his weight in conference play. Great  pitcher at Tulane, but not a good coach.

Year
Edited by Outlaw
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1