• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  582
  • Content Count:  22,677
  • Days Won:  108

59 minutes ago, Peatearpan said:

Thank you for this breakdown, I like those odds to. Also, I feel like CAAR will work hard to correct the mistakes that hurt us on that loss to Tulsa.

He can't shoot the ball for the guys. Make 3 more 3s and it's a win. Plenty of errors but it was a bad shooting night.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  297
  • Days Won:  0

14 hours ago, USF_Bullsharks said:

Win a Q1 game in the tournament, lose a close one in the finals to a Q1 team. 

Plus, all conference leaders win their tournaments, so the AQ is an expected AQ and the conference leader does not get put into at large discussion. 

If I’m reading the Quad definitions correctly, Memphis (NET 69) would be Quad 2 (51-100 on a neutral court). FAU or SMU are the only Quad 1 wins to bag.

Edited by Bob Loblaw
  • Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  601
  • Content Count:  16,339
  • Days Won:  43

The easiest way to overcome these rankings is to win the next three games.. 

• Topic Count:  39
  • Content Count:  2,112
  • Days Won:  6

1 hour ago, Bull Matrix said:

The easiest way to overcome these rankings is to win the next three games.. 

Yea, I am confused, I always thought the goal was to win the AAC tournament.  Winning the league seems superfluous.  I could see if we were in a league that gets tons of invites but it is not so we need to win the tournament. 

People around here like to complain about the AAC but have we ever won it for football or the tournament for BB?  Shouldn't we be setting our sites on dominating this league?    

Edited by MMW
  • Upvote 2

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  582
  • Content Count:  22,677
  • Days Won:  108

15 minutes ago, MMW said:

Yea, I am confused, I always thought the goal was to win the AAC tournament.  Winning the league seems superfluous.  I could see if we were in a league that gets tons of invites but it is not so we need to win the tournament. 

People around here like to complain about the AAC but have we ever won it for football or the tournament for BB?  Shouldn't we be setting our sites on dominating this league?    

We did this year.

Edited by CousinRicky

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  297
  • Days Won:  0

No crap the goal is to win the tourney. I believe in sports winning is always the goal but I could be wrong. 

People are genuinely curious about whether or not the team can still make the NCAAT if they don’t win the AAC tourney. The likelihood is probably 10% but this is part of the fun of March Madness. 

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,610
  • Content Count:  74,519
  • Days Won:  422

14 minutes ago, MMW said:

The goal is to get to the NCAAT any way possible and winning the conference regular season doesn’t hurt …. but it does suck that it doesn’t mean as much as it should. It’s a lot harder to do that than win a conf tourney, especially the way we did, imo. 

• Topic Count:  39
  • Content Count:  2,112
  • Days Won:  6

6 minutes ago, Bob Loblaw said:

No crap the goal is to win the tourney. I believe in sports winning is always the goal but I could be wrong. 

People are genuinely curious about whether or not the team can still make the NCAAT if they don’t win the AAC tourney. The likelihood is probably 10% but this is part of the fun of March Madness. 

Yea, I get it, I am just contrasting this thread with the other threads that craps all over this league, or insists we deserve better or that we are better than our conference mates.  

On the one hand we deserve to be in the B1G or the ACC but on the other we are not dominating our current league.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,610
  • Content Count:  74,519
  • Days Won:  422

23 minutes ago, MMW said:

Shouldn't we be setting our sites on dominating this league?    

7 minutes ago, CousinRicky said:

We did this year.

Yeah, for the first time in forever those intimations that we’re better than the conference we’re in don’t sound as humorous. 

• Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  3,350
  • Days Won:  5

7 minutes ago, Triple B said:

The goal is to get to the NCAAT any way possible and winning the conference regular season doesn’t hurt …. but it does suck that it doesn’t mean as much as it should. It’s a lot harder to do that than win a conf tourney, especially the way we did, imo. 

It means something, but unfortunately we're probably in a 2 bid league at most.   So if we stumble or someone other than us or FAU wins the tourney autobid then we're probably NIT bound.