• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  2,024
  • Days Won:  10

6 minutes ago, Sk00b said:

This is what I'm saying. I'm not trying to get ahead of ourselves here but FAU is a "lock" for the tournament somehow and we aren't? Look at their conference record, then look at ours. Cmon. And don't get me started on conference titles vs tournament AQ nonsense ( although this worked out for baseball and i didn't complain). What a crock of ****. Isn't the entore season a conference tournament...

Yea, I think at the very least a regular season champion should get homecourt advantage throughout the tournament.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,611
  • Content Count:  74,532
  • Days Won:  422

5 hours ago, Bull Matrix said:

Hopefully they see it and expose the flaws in the NET. 

I think the major "flaw" that's stifling us is that the numbers don't account for when w/l's occur, and intangibles, and I'm not sure how you can account for that with numbers ...... which is why you have a Committee.

• Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  3,352
  • Days Won:  5

4 hours ago, Sk00b said:

This is what I'm saying. I'm not trying to get ahead of ourselves here but FAU is a "lock" for the tournament somehow and we aren't? Look at their conference record, then look at ours. Cmon. And don't get me started on conference titles vs tournament AQ nonsense ( although this worked out for baseball and i didn't complain). What a crock of ****. Isn't the entore season a conference tournament...

The powers that be will look at the whole season and not just a Sunday in February when we knocked off FAU on our home court.   I get the argument being made about head=to-head and all and of course how well we have played throughout the conference slate (except for the loss to UAB so far) but FAU is still 50 spots above us in NET rankings regardless of how flawed they may be.

• Topic Count:  257
  • Content Count:  2,405

19 minutes ago, Triple B said:

I think the major "flaw" that's stifling us is that the numbers don't account for when w/l's occur, and intangibles, and I'm not sure how you can account for that with numbers ...... which is why you have a Committee.

And that is why the comittee should be watching teams and games and not looking at numbers.  Numbers might be okay for actual seeding, but not necessarily for selection

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  2,024
  • Days Won:  10

17 minutes ago, olafberserker said:

The powers that be will look at the whole season and not just a Sunday in February when we knocked off FAU on our home court.   I get the argument being made about head=to-head and all and of course how well we have played throughout the conference slate (except for the loss to UAB so far) but FAU is still 50 spots above us in NET rankings regardless of how flawed they may be.

Wins against number 6 Arizona and number 13 Illinois, plus a win against a than ranked Texas A and M,  plus  starting the season ranked because of their final four last year is why I think it makes sense as to why FAU is ahead of us both in the NET and as to how they have been regarded by human polls.

I feel very confident that we can make the NCAAT this year but when it comes to next year it will be helpful to us to perhaps start the season ranked or close to, and maybe we can as well have a better OOC schedule. If we don't make the tournament this year it will be largely because we failed to impress this season in our OOC schedule

Edited by belgianbull

13 minutes ago, olafberserker said:

Something also should be said about the play of the whole season, while it was an adjusted schedule, we have clearly been the best team in the league and the NET should more closely resemble that.  Should FAU be higer then us or us higher then them is debateable,  but a 50 difference with FAU and 40 with SMU shows there is a problem

3 minutes ago, bcgruber said:

Something also should be said about the play of the whole season, while it was an adjusted schedule, we have clearly been the best team in the league and the NET should more closely resemble that.  Should FAU be higer then us or us higher then them is debateable,  but a 50 difference with FAU and 40 with SMU shows there is a problem

FAU beat the #4 team 

• Upvote 1

yes thats a good win I'm just saying they shouldnt be 50 spots higher in the NET

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  96,987
  • Days Won:  469

Bubble Gum Pop GIF by Hinds

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, bcgruber said:

yes thats a good win I'm just saying they shouldnt be 50 spots higher in the NET

Well I guess we shouldn't be 80 spots behind Arizona since we beat the man that beat the man.    Bring on a 1 seed