• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Updated NET Rankings

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  365
  • Content Count:  6,472
  • Days Won:  35

11 minutes ago, Bull Matrix said:

Memphis bubble may have popped after losing in Denton to UNT tonight…

15A8D67E-CD8B-43C8-A696-91FB9FA225B7.png

Memphis might be the worst coached team in the country. 

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  62
  • Content Count:  3,698
  • Days Won:  7

1 hour ago, Bull Matrix said:

Memphis bubble may have popped after losing in Denton to UNT tonight…

15A8D67E-CD8B-43C8-A696-91FB9FA225B7.png

They really fell apart because of poor coaching, didn't they?! Well, doesn't look like Memphis will be giving us one of our needed Quad 1 wins for our resume. We were lining up to potentially get Quad 1 wins vs. FAU (27), SMU (42), Memphis, and potentially North Texas (by the end of the season). UNT was 80 and Memphis was 76 prior to tonight's game. We may have finished the regular season with 4 Quad 1 wins and be the regular season champions on a 16 game winning streak heading into the conference tournament. 6 more wins in a row and a regular season championship would have also had us ranked in the Top 25 since we're already receiving votes. Then we potentially play 2 more games in the conference tourney which extends the winning streak to 18, maybe another one Quad 1 win there probably in a semifinal to go 5-0. Then we play in the championship where even if we lost, I think we'd make the tournament at that point as an at-large as a 26-6 team, winning 24 of the last 26 games played before the NCAA tournament (this includes losing in the AAC tourney championship).

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  1,750
  • Content Count:  17,508
  • Days Won:  13

5 hours ago, USFBulls12 said:

They really fell apart because of poor coaching, didn't they?! Well, doesn't look like Memphis will be giving us one of our needed Quad 1 wins for our resume. We were lining up to potentially get Quad 1 wins vs. FAU (27), SMU (42), Memphis, and potentially North Texas (by the end of the season). UNT was 80 and Memphis was 76 prior to tonight's game. We may have finished the regular season with 4 Quad 1 wins and be the regular season champions on a 16 game winning streak heading into the conference tournament. 6 more wins in a row and a regular season championship would have also had us ranked in the Top 25 since we're already receiving votes. Then we potentially play 2 more games in the conference tourney which extends the winning streak to 18, maybe another one Quad 1 win there probably in a semifinal to go 5-0. Then we play in the championship where even if we lost, I think we'd make the tournament at that point as an at-large as a 26-6 team, winning 24 of the last 26 games played before the NCAA tournament (this includes losing in the AAC tourney championship).

In ESPN's most recent Bracketology, Lunardi has USF as the AAC's automatic qualifier and a No. 13 seed facing No. 4 Baylor in a first-round game. Lunardi is quick to point out that he feels the Bulls must win the AAC Tournament and earning an at-large bid is currently unlikely.

"The Bulls' appearance in recent brackets is a function of leading the conference rather than their standing among potential NCAA at-large candidates,'' Lunardi said. "USF doesn't have the metrics (NET and non-conference strength of schedule) to move ahead of all the teams in their way. That doesn't take away from their season at all. It's just the reality of the situation.''

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,730
  • Days Won:  425

9 hours ago, USFBulls12 said:

They really fell apart because of poor coaching, didn't they?! Well, doesn't look like Memphis will be giving us one of our needed Quad 1 wins for our resume. We were lining up to potentially get Quad 1 wins vs. FAU (27), SMU (42), Memphis, and potentially North Texas (by the end of the season).

We got our Quad 1 win back with UNT going to 73. FAU dropped to 29 so who knows where they'll be Sunday. SMU went up to 40, so maybe a chance of them getting to 30 but there's no figuring out the Voodoo they use to get those numbers ..... we're up to 100.

image.thumb.png.7023ea57e71cdc73b4fbf074574a2cc1.png

Edited by Triple B

18 minutes ago, Triple B said:

We got our Quad 1 win back with UNT going to 73. FAU dropped to 29 so who knows where they'll be Sunday. SMU went up to 40, so maybe a chance of them getting to 30 but there's no figuring out the Voodoo they use to get those numbers ..... we're up to 100.

image.thumb.png.7023ea57e71cdc73b4fbf074574a2cc1.png

A win Saturday will help us make a decent jump, I would assume. 

• Topic Count:  62
  • Content Count:  3,698
  • Days Won:  7

4 hours ago, flsportsfan83 said:

In ESPN's most recent Bracketology, Lunardi has USF as the AAC's automatic qualifier and a No. 13 seed facing No. 4 Baylor in a first-round game. Lunardi is quick to point out that he feels the Bulls must win the AAC Tournament and earning an at-large bid is currently unlikely.

"The Bulls' appearance in recent brackets is a function of leading the conference rather than their standing among potential NCAA at-large candidates,'' Lunardi said. "USF doesn't have the metrics (NET and non-conference strength of schedule) to move ahead of all the teams in their way. That doesn't take away from their season at all. It's just the reality of the situation.''

Yeah, I've seen that quote. I've followed Joe for years and I don't believe it would be out of the norm for him that, if USF kept winning and hype continued building, he puts us in as an at-large as the wins keep piling in toward the end. I don't think Joe anticipates USF winning out and acquiring those 4-5 Quad 1 victories along the way and the extended win streak right now. As I said, we have to win out AND those teams need to qualify as Quad 1 wins to get us there. Obviously, let's just go and win the tournament and get in automatically, no questions asked. However, I think with having a potential 5-0 record against Quad 1 teams with pending wins vs FAU (maybe x 2), SMU (maybe x 2), North Texas (maybe x 2), Memphis (if they somehow end up a Quad 1), and even Charlotte x 2 or 3 should be considered if they also end up with a good NET.

Additionally, FSU sits at 95 today. Maybe they get hot and push themselves into the Quad 1 category before it's all said and done.

Edited by USFBulls12

• Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  8,722
  • Days Won:  23

17 minutes ago, flsportsfan83 said:

A win Saturday will help us make a decent jump, I would assume. 

I'm willing to bet we don't win Saturday (or lose for that matter)

1 minute ago, Bull94 said:

lol, you would be correct

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  2,921
  • Days Won:  33

17 minutes ago, Bull94 said:

Maybe he meant the WBB game

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, John Lewis said:

Maybe he meant the WBB game

Jimmy Fallon Reaction GIF