• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Totally missed these changes with the NIT ...

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  3,354
  • Days Won:  5

We can piss and moan all we want but the reality is those teams' conference records would probably be reversed in most G5 conferences.  They're trying to get the best 32 teams into the tournament. 

That being said, it would be nice if winning a regular season conference championship came with some kind of postseason reward.

Edited by olafberserker
  • Upvote 1

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,612
  • Content Count:  74,539
  • Days Won:  423

Just now, olafberserker said:

We can piss and moan all we want but the reality is those teams' conference records would probably be reversed in most G5 conference teams.  They're trying to get the best 32 teams into the tournament. 

That being said, it would be nice if winning a regular season conference championship came with some kind of postseason reward.

Agree.

Agree.

• Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  3,354
  • Days Won:  5

Also, it appears they are trying to set it up so that the top teams get those auto bids and the home games.   I hope that the committee has enough sense to invite a regular season conference champion that gets upset in the conference tourney.  They just might not get a home game.  It would only make sense.  

• Topic Count:  601
  • Content Count:  16,342
  • Days Won:  43

Well it is good thing that USF will be going to the Big Dance 

Edited by Bull Matrix
  • Go Bulls! 1

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  10,853
  • Days Won:  67

This was brought up and discussed in an earlier thread and we were aware of how these changes were (possibly) negatively going to affect us, I guess  at the time it did not concern me because we were not on a roll, now it stings a bit.  Not much we can do about it except keep winning and hope to escape this sinking ship, they can shove that p6 moniker straight up their ass.

36 minutes ago, Friscobull said:

This was brought up and discussed in an earlier thread and we were aware of how these changes were (possibly) negatively going to affect us, I guess  at the time it did not concern me because we were not on a roll, now it stings a bit.  Not much we can do about it except keep winning and hope to escape this sinking ship, they can shove that p6 moniker straight up their ass.

Totally missed that ... I think ... hopefully, I didn't respond back then. It could affect us positively if we can get to a decent NET ranking and some of the lower one bid conferences don't have their reg season champs upset in their tourney.

• Topic Count:  74
  • Content Count:  2,895
  • Days Won:  2

Ralph Wiggum Danger GIF

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  10,853
  • Days Won:  67

25 minutes ago, Triple B said:

Totally missed that ... I think ... hopefully, I didn't respond back then. It could affect us positively if we can get to a decent NET ranking and some of the lower one bid conferences don't have their reg season champs upset in their tourney.

I am too lazy to go back, but now that FB season is pretty much over I may do just that.  I was not too involved in the discussion due to our rough start, not sure if you opined.  When you keep winning these things take care of themselves, so let’s do just that. 

2 hours ago, belgianbull said:

Right now you have four non power 6 teams ranked in the top 25 and 10 receiving votes.

Take out the human poll bias and you've got 7 non-P6 ranked in the NET top 25 ...... 13 in the top 50.

• Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  168
  • Days Won:  0

1 hour ago, Friscobull said:

NCAA cares about who brings in the most people, and who makes them the most money. They really don't care about who is the best, or who deserves it the most.

• Upvote 1