• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Saban’s retirement…

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  604
  • Content Count:  16,501
  • Days Won:  43

With this new coaching staff I know feel that USF can win all of their games moving forward no matter who is on the schedule. I have not felt that way since Coach Leavitt was at USF. 

• Go Bulls! 1

• Topic Count:  43
  • Content Count:  2,588
  • Days Won:  3

1 hour ago, Bull Matrix said:

With this new coaching staff I know feel that USF can win all of their games moving forward no matter who is on the schedule. I have not felt that way since Coach Leavitt was at USF. 

Goach just needs to game plan properly and avoid mistakes that have been typically been made over the last 4 coaches that preceded him.

You may be able to put Leavitt on that list too. Seems like we would start strong for 7-9 games then slump hard on the back end.

• Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,137
  • Days Won:  39

1 hour ago, Bull Matrix said:

Need to fix secondary and RB position badly.

• Topic Count:  43
  • Content Count:  2,588

16 minutes ago, Rocky Style said:

I thought RBs were fine last year. I think really we need more plays that aren’t pass to Atkins. If he, or Byron, went down last year we would be 3-4 win team.

1 hour ago, Rocky Style said:

Already working on that…..

1 hour ago, Peatearpan said:

Goach just needs to game plan properly and avoid mistakes that have been typically been made over the last 4 coaches that preceded him.

You may be able to put Leavitt on that list too. Seems like we would start strong for 7-9 games then slump hard on the back end.

And remember, Leavitt went 5-6 during his 1st year at USF while CAG went 7-6 during his 1st season. If we put a lot of stock into 1st seasons then USF hit a home run with both football & men’s hoops. MK did his homework and I am giving him more props than ever before. What a magical turn around..

• Topic Count:  721
  • Content Count:  6,754
  • Days Won:  19

I'd still be worried about more dominoes falling and Golesh getting poached before the Spring by a P5 school. Arizona just lost their coach. It only takes a knowledgable AD to recognize the instant results we had from Golesh - coupled with the fact most fans will favor a fast paced offensive style. It'll be interesting watching the next couple of weeks play out. If I were in Golesh's shoes, I would ride Brown's skills for another season and have a better chance of getting a desired destination as a HC vice one where they are trying to have you salvage their program. 

I doubt we'll see much of a dropoff at Alabama. I'd be willing to say that Alabama just walked into another great coach that will make people not dwell on Saban's depature like they did when Bear Bryant left - DeBoer's track record speaks volumes already. The guy wins everywhere he goes - and now he has the talent of the country's richest football powerhouse to back him up. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  19
  • Content Count:  3,417

2 hours ago, The Sheriff said:

I'd still be worried about more dominoes falling and Golesh getting poached

I'm sure this will be unpopular but... I don't see CAG getting poached. He hasn't beaten a team with a winning record and got destroyed by a couple teams with a losing record (and yes I know he inherited a turd). I guess he is a better option than an unknown coordinator though so who knows... I'm just putting this out there so P5 ADs see this and don't poach him. I'm happy as hell with him as our coach. 

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  129
  • Content Count:  3,116
  • Days Won:  7

CAG won't be poached this year but assuming another big step up next year with a 3rd year RS Junior QB is going to make him a very attractive target for a ton of schools because they probably assume they can land both CAG and BB17. 

As far as beating Bama, we shall see. As was stated, DeBoer is unusual-he has won everywhere he's gone and is an exceptionally successful HC. Most HC get the job after one big stint at a smaller school, or massive achievement (real or not) as a top-level assistant. CAG was an assistant who killed it wherever he went. DeBoer is an HC who has killed it wherever he went. 

I do think we have a legitimate shot to beat them if they continue to bleed talent, but they were still trying to figure everything out when they came to Tampa last year and still had a great defense. They will reload their defense this year. You need to hope our WR corps and OL takes another big step up this year to have a shot. Fortunately, Deboer and staff haven't faced a CTO defense which works in our favor-it's always a pain to deal with the first time you see it. 

• Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,137
  • Days Won:  39

1 hour ago, bullsbucsfan426 said:

You need to hope our WR corps and OL takes another big step up

And we need RBs that are fast.