• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Anyone concerned Brown may enter the portal

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  1,750
  • Content Count:  17,508
  • Days Won:  13

The announcers mentioned during the game the portal and alluded that Brown could enter after the bowl game.

I had not heard any real speculation of that until last night. Were those just espn guys talking out of their ass or is this a real concern? When is the deadline to enter the portal?

I know he said earlier this month he was staying. Just making sure there are not any rumblings of that changing. Has a program offered him a bag of hundreds?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  10,918
  • Days Won:  67

2 minutes ago, flsportsfan83 said:

The announcers mentioned during the game the portal and alluded that Brown could enter after the bowl game.

I had not heard any real speculation of that until last night. Were those just espn guys talking out of their ass or is this a real concern? When is the deadline to enter the portal?

It is always a concern however I feel pretty confident he will be back.  He is setup to have a monster year and has said he will be back however after next season all bets are off.

Just now, Friscobull said:

It is always a concern however I feel pretty confident he will be back.  He is setup to have a monster year and has said he will be back however after next season all bets are off.

agreed there. If he has a monster season, he is as good as gone, we wont be able to offer the kind of money he will be offered elsewhere. I can't blame him one bit either if that is the case. Plenty of great College Football QB's never make it to the NFL. If you can make a couple of mil in college go take it. 

CFB is broken, but I won't blame a kid for taking advantage of it. 

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  149
  • Days Won:  0

5 minutes ago, flsportsfan83 said:

espn guys talking out of their ass

Probably this. They were probably handed a cheat sheet on both teams before the game - no way they have any real insight to our program. Especially evident because all they could talk about was playing golf in Boca. Even more evident because Dan Mullen is an asshat. 

• Haha 3

• Topic Count:  96
  • Content Count:  4,078
  • Days Won:  14

He pretty much has the starting job here and we are on the upswing at USF football.  I guess since college is now just a junior pro league, he could just go where they offered more cash. I really think he could have a great career here. I hope he feels the same way.

Just now, MaltLiquorBull said:

He pretty much has the starting job here and we are on the upswing at USF football.  I guess since college is now just a junior pro league, he could just go where they offered more cash. I really think he could have a great career here. I hope he feels the same way.

I think he stays atleast 1 more year. After that, if he has the type of year I suspect he will. He could be offered life changing money. You have to take that, if USF NIL cant come close to his best NIL offer. 

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  10,918
  • Days Won:  67

1 minute ago, flsportsfan83 said:

agreed there. If he has a monster season, he is as good as gone, we wont be able to offer the kind of money he will be offered elsewhere. I can't blame him one bit either if that is the case. Plenty of great College Football QB's never make it to the NFL. If you can make a couple of mil in college go take it. 

CFB is broken, but I won't blame a kid for taking advantage of it. 

I don’t blame them either it is a new world and nothing we can do about it.  I don’t know BB at all however he seems pretty grounded and trustworthy when he says he will be back, I believe him. I don’t know what it is but he just seems like a good kid to me.

• Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,143
  • Days Won:  39

37 minutes ago, flsportsfan83 said:

We talked about this at the game.  Instead of focusing on how great USF is, ESPN would speculate about Brown going somewhere else or some other school stealing Golesh.

They are a trash org similar to TMZ and their parent company is a joke.

• Upvote 2