• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Is tonight the first time a former USF MBB player came to the YC as an opposing Head Coach?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  74
  • Content Count:  2,457
  • Days Won:  19

For those who don't know, UAPB head coach is Solomon Bozeman, who played for USF around time time we went from Robert McCollum or Stan Heath. 

I am wondering if he will be the first former player to be head coach on the opposing bench? (I know Chad Dollar has coached against us as an assistant)

He won't be the first USF Basketball player with that distinction, as Joi Williams played at USF, (currently works for USF MBB) and was head coach for UCF WBB for many games at USF. 

• Topic Count:  74
  • Content Count:  2,457
  • Days Won:  19

4 minutes ago, Mike Stuben said:

For those who don't know, UAPB head coach is Solomon Bozeman, who played for USF around time time we went from Robert McCollum or Stan Heath. 

I am wondering if he will be the first former player to be head coach on the opposing bench? (I know Chad Dollar has coached against us as an assistant)

He won't be the first USF Basketball player with that distinction, as Joi Williams played at USF, (currently works for USF MBB) and was head coach for UCF WBB for many games at USF. 

Also - that means I'll be on my best behavior tonight, as Solomon gets the friends and family treatment out of me. (I've had a few coaches argue with me, best being Hurley who spent way too much time worry about me and not about the game)

• Haha 1

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,612
  • Content Count:  74,539
  • Days Won:  423

21 minutes ago, Mike Stuben said:

Remember him. Had a nice couple of years here but had forgotten what happened to him. Looks like he got squeezed out at the G position when DoJo came on board and transferred to UALR. Had a nice couple of years there, got to the NCAA play-in his final year but lost. Career 84% FT shooter, shooting 88.4% here his first year, which is probably still the USF record.

• Like 1

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  2,884
  • Days Won:  33

1 hour ago, Mike Stuben said:

Also - that means I'll be on my best behavior tonight, as Solomon gets the friends and family treatment out of me. (I've had a few coaches argue with me, best being Hurley who spent way too much time worry about me and not about the game)

Go For Mike!!

• Topic Count:  232
  • Content Count:  2,511
  • Days Won:  0

59 minutes ago, Mike Stuben said:

I remember we used to give the late Denny Crum some serious grief back in the 90's when Louisville played at USF.    I remember reading quote from him that he used to hate playing at USF because the fans were so loud.  We never cursed at him, we just yelled at him to sit down every time he stood up.   We made a point to get seats behind the visiting bench to do that.   I guess we "ruined" it for future students because now those seats are reserved for the elite crowd.   😂 

• Topic Count:  32
  • Content Count:  580

2 hours ago, Mike Stuben said:

Yes, he will.

• Topic Count:  34
  • Content Count:  1,728

2 hours ago, hightechbull said:

I remember we used to give the late Denny Crum some serious grief back in the 90's when Louisville played at USF.    I remember reading quote from him that he used to hate playing at USF because the fans were so loud.  We never cursed at him, we just yelled at him to sit down every time he stood up.   We made a point to get seats behind the visiting bench to do that.   I guess we "ruined" it for future students because now those seats are reserved for the elite crowd.   😂 

I remember you guys doing that to old Denny. I also remember him publicly hating on the USF fans. Good times... Good times... 😁🤘