• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

The TBP Official In Game Thread: USF Bulls vs Syracuse Orange - Boca Raton Bowl

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  583
  • Content Count:  22,706
  • Days Won:  108

On 12/23/2023 at 9:53 AM, 79 Bull said:

Please don't judge me, but I went to the Gasparilla bowl with my son (CF grad) last night.  It's also an ESPN bowl event but it's clear the stadium and the local committee play a huge part in the atmosphere.  They also had parachuters, but a Navy seal with a microphone was on the filed explaining the whole process and telling people to look to the sky, etc.  Both bands played on the field before the game and the national anthem was sung by the Gasparilla Krewe chorus (25 guys who were pretty good, who knew?)  The bands were in the endzone corners so the fans on their side could hear them. During the game there were constant contests and fan video cams.  The on-field emcee was our own USF guy who does that at our games.  Anyhow, the stadium and the bowl committee do play a huge part in the atmosphere.

Again, I had a great time in Boca and the crowd and the victory were great!! This just showed me how much better it could have been.  All I was thinking last night was if this was USF vs UCF with the third level open, it may have been epic.

GO BULLS!

USF's own Scott Glaser runs the Gasparilla Bowl. 

On 12/22/2023 at 12:58 PM, USFBulls12 said:

Wait a second, I was told size doesn't matter..

She was being nice.