• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

JC QB is trans. to USF (from the ST PETE Times)

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  94
  • Content Count:  2,305
  • Days Won:  11

Ya'll need to quit calling him a 'kid.' He's no kid, anymore than you considered yourself a kid when you were a junior in college.

Greg - you rock my socks man, thanks for caring about USF long before all the bandwagoners who heard "BCS" started to pay attention. I get up every morning and the first thing I do is check online to see if you've written any new articles on USF.

Josh - please pardon my ignorance.... who are you?

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  201
  • Days Won:  0

Wow.....you get beat up on here for everything. I apologize for using kid in reference to a recruit. It slipped out and I won't do it again.  ::)

• Topic Count:  1,586
  • Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

He is, as was I, a kid at 19, 20, or 21.  Don't be so touchy.

• Topic Count:  197
  • Content Count:  10,251
  • Days Won:  14

Josh = THE MAN

That is all.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  4,751
  • Content Count:  37,676
  • Days Won:  29

... this board amazes me sometimes.

...greg

sometimes ?!?

;D

Thanx for the info Greg & Josh from your hard work ... and thanx to all for their thoughts. This was like reading a soap opera  ;)

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Topic Count:  41
  • Content Count:  894

I'm not sure I understand where people are getting upset with Greg in this thread. Josh is the one that made it sound like he was discreditting the article. I see nothing wrong with discussing the kid and his stats.

No one is upset with Greg at all.

Greg was upset that someone changed the title of the post and accused him of writing a false report after Josh said that he spoke to Oliver and that he hadn't fully made up his mind yet.

I agree that there is nothing wrong with discussing the kid and his stats, I just think that the majority (myself included) is so ready for a change at the QB position that even the mention of landing a prospect such as this gets us a little crazy

• Topic Count:  505
  • Content Count:  3,407
  • Days Won:  1

Greg-   I hope you like the new title.   After reading your response I immediately corrected the heading...  

When I read the following:

Jimmy Oliver, a prolific passer who has been named the national junior college offensive player of the year two seasons in a row, decided Monday he will sign with the Bulls as a midyear transfer Wednesday and compete for USF's starting job for 2006.

I guess I took it as gospel that he was coming.  Then Josh threw the curve ball to dispute the article, so I changed it...  Somehow I thought he was more in tune with what was going on with various recruits than yourself, so for that I apologize and stand corrected...  You have to understand that when I see a headline about QB that can play I get so pumped I forget to realize that they are still kids and their minds and actions change with the weather.  I would like to offer a personal apology to you and hope you accept it.  Next time I will drop you a line or email.   On a side note thanks for reading the board and being one of the few that reports on our BULLS!

Sincerely,

Tim Newman

timandshelley@earthlink.net

• Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  201

No one is upset with Greg at all.

That is my point. I didn't see anyone getting on Josh or Greg at all but i saw posts like "Don't go banging on Josh and Greg for their work" and it made me wonder what thread they were reading.

Guest Ari_Hinkelberger

6 fott 175 lbs?   those measeurements don't sound right.  I am 5-11 180 and skinny.  hopefull they got those wrong.  This is good news.  I think our QB situation will be fixed next year.  No doubt.  Hopefully Ricky Ponton(?) can pick up were hall left off.  Our recieving core is sick.  Just need someone to get them the **** ball.

• Topic Count:  130
  • Content Count:  1,867
  • Days Won:  2

hey all. this board amazes me sometimes. i talked to oliver's coach yesterday, and he told me, unwaveringly, the kid is coming to USF.

now you guys go back to arguing over how short he is.

greg

Personally, I think the biggest pickup we've made in the last year is YOU Greg.

I mean it, you're really turning into a real reasource for us.