• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Topic Count:  194
  • Content Count:  6,784
  • Days Won:  3

19 hours ago, 00Bull said:

a better game day experience while at Ray Jay. 

What, in exhausting detail, constitutes "a better game day experience" at RayJ? I'm not being a wiseass, I'm just the sort of ancient Woolysaurus Rex that went to games to - actually watch the game. That's it. End of story. Tailgate beforehand (and for some years, afterwards as well). The game WAS the entertainment. What other functionality needs to be added to the 'game day experience'? 

Club anecdote: If I'm payin' for it, I'm using it. If I want to work on my tan, that can be done poolside with a number of rum based libations. So, the club access would be an example of the level of expectation in twenty-first century arena amenities. 

• Upvote 2

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  74
  • Content Count:  2,468
  • Days Won:  19

Noon - unless its a huge opponent, noon has always killed student crowds. 

I ranted about this before. ESPN should not get to pick our game times if they are just going to stream the game. 

I hate to say it, but Charlotte will be a small student crowd too, due to Thanksgiving weekend. 

On campus will help student crowds for sure. Winning will help. Bigger opponents will help. 

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  454
  • Days Won:  0

1 minute ago, WoolyBully said:

What, in exhausting detail, constitutes "a better game day experience" at RayJ? I'm not being a wiseass, I'm just the sort of ancient Woolysaurus Rex that went to games to - actually watch the game. That's it. End of story. Tailgate beforehand (and for some years, afterwards as well). The game WAS the entertainment. What other functionality needs to be added to the 'game day experience'? 

Club anecdote: If I'm payin' for it, I'm using it. If I want to work on my tan, that can be done poolside with a number of rum based libations. So, the club access would be an example of the level of expectation in twenty-first century arena amenities. 

I’m in your boat that the game and my personal tailgate are the experience but apparently, based on the posters comment about USF students road tripping to others schools games, that’s not enough these days. Since there is no immediate cure for the lack of quality opponent (outside of a few OOC games), seems what could be done is to actually organize events to draw people out to the game/pregame. Music/DJs, pop up game day USF/football vendor market, selfie booths, kids stuff like face painting, etc. 

• Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  454
  • Days Won:  0

1 hour ago, WoolyBully said:

Tailgate beforehand (and for some years, afterwards as well). 

Those were amazing times. I’ll know we are back to prominence when that is the case again. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  2,038
  • Days Won:  10

58 minutes ago, 00Bull said:

I’m in your boat that the game and my personal tailgate are the experience but apparently, based on the posters comment about USF students road tripping to others schools games, that’s not enough these days. Since there is no immediate cure for the lack of quality opponent (outside of a few OOC games), seems what could be done is to actually organize events to draw people out to the game/pregame. Music/DJs, pop up game day USF/football vendor market, selfie booths, kids stuff like face painting, etc. 

Doesnt help this year that we aren't even playing SMU, Tulane, and ECU. These opponents would probably draw better than AAC newbies Rice and Charlotte. 

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,331
  • Content Count:  97,075
  • Days Won:  469

1 hour ago, WoolyBully said:

What other functionality needs to be added to the 'game day experience'? 

Flashing lights and rap beats?

After reading the rest of the thread, it appears to me that winning would be the best in game experience.  Hold the lights…

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  74
  • Content Count:  12,621
  • Days Won:  25

So no to the jug machine?

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  583
  • Content Count:  22,719
  • Days Won:  109

I like playing with jugs

image.png.cad0f2a3c4b231fe7b69f16c3e5c61bf.png

16 minutes ago, Outlaw said:

So no to the jug machine?

Jugs are still in play. Golesh-supported. 

• Haha 1