• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Name calling and other disrespectful banter

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  583
  • Content Count:  22,721
  • Days Won:  109

Just now, Rex Havoc said:

I agree seeing family at the game is one of the reasons I renew year after year. 

Would be much cheaper to take family to Berns six times a year.

• Haha 2
  • Upvote 1

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  6,181
  • Days Won:  12

4 minutes ago, CousinRicky said:

Would be much cheaper to take family to Berns six times a year.

True, but it used to be fun going to games back in the Big East days and the couple of years Flowers and Mack were going crazy. Thinking about how far we’ve fallen is depressing. I might have to convince them to go to Berns instead of getting tickets. Now with the NIL if we get a player like Flowers or Mack they’d just leave for more nil money. 

Edited by Rex Havoc

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  185
  • Days Won:  0

Today was the first USF game I have ever left before time had expired. I was going to lose my mind if I didn't leave when I did (six minutes left in the third quarter). 

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Content Count:  140
  • Days Won:  0

7 hours ago, Rex Havoc said:

....... Now with the NIL if we get a player like Flowers or Mack they’d just leave for more nil money. 

Like they did last year with Battie.  I would also say Horn and Weaver but I'm thinking they left more to play on an up and coming Colorado team knowing they would get more eyes and attention.  They are being proven right.

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Topic Count:  194
  • Content Count:  6,785
  • Days Won:  3

Recruits.

That's something that never occurred to me: not just how these losses look to us - but how they look to recruits. I never gave that much thought to the impact it would have on trying to get talent to show up. I think, going forward, the portal is how we would get impact players who, being kids, think that playing back home outweighs playing in The Bigs. I would imagine that if I were a kid in high school, and USF wants me to play here...I may be exercising my other options. Saturday was not a good advertisement for the program in any way whatsoever.

Lost to Bama by 14 points, Lost to UAB by: 21 points

Lost to Florida Atlantic (where USF was favored to win) by 35 points.

In the event USF does not go to a bowl game this season, and we're hanging onto a five-win season as a point of pride, I would imagine the die-hards will embrace the level of progress compared to the previous three years. However, anything under five wins* makes selling season tickets just that much harder for next year.

* REMINDER: pre-season O/U was 4.5.