• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Anyone very scared for UAB?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  1,036
  • Content Count:  7,522
  • Days Won:  10

1 hour ago, Brad said:

I’ve been afraid of UAB once, and that was when they had Murray*******Bartow.  

I wasn’t scared though when we had him.  Got over it.  

I feared Gene much more than Murray.  Guy seemed to always have our number...

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,712
  • Days Won:  424

Birmingham, we may have a problem ....

CHILDREN’S HARBOR:
Saturday marks the seventh annual Children’s Harbor game in which the Blazers will honor 100
patients from the nearby Children’s Hospital located on UAB’s campus. UAB will be wearing
the names of patients on the back of their alternate gray and lime jerseys. This is a partnership
that dates back to 2016 and UAB has represented over 700 families throughout the past seven
Children’s Harbor game. Children’s Harbor’s mission is to strengthen families of seriously ill children
through refuge, respite and resources. These unique, no-cost services are offered at both “The
Harbor” Family Center located at Children’s of Alabama in Birmingham, and at the Lake Martin
retreat facility in Alexander City. Children’s Harbor has been in service since 1989.

Dilfer's Presser

"I want to start by thanking some people before I get emotional, because this might be emotional. I know how much this means to the kids and how much this means to the parents. We are eternally grateful for what Children's Harbor does. I think Bill Clark, Mark Ingram, the entire athletic department, [and] Ted [have] a huge part in this to establish this relationship seven years ago. I think it's one of the best legacies in college football. Now, I might get emotional. I was in the hospital for forty days. My son was sick. He was on life support for forty days at Lucile Packard. We lived in the hospital. My wife and I slept there every night. My young daughters were there. But more importantly, my extended family showed up. They called it 'Camp Trevin,' and I would've done anything to have a 'Children's Harbor' come serve our family in that time of need. This is not just wearing a jersey and putting names on he back. This is super, super important to the Dilfer family, because we lived it, and we know what these families are going through. And, it's so hard. We're wired to be able to handle our peers, our parents being sick. We're not wired for our kids. I hurt so bad. I see parents and siblings watching their kids go through these issues, because I lived it, and they're doing amazing work to be able to come and serve these families in such a dark time. It's opening up a bunch of scar tissue, which is good. I've always felt like the best part of the healing was the mourning. It doesn't go away. You need to be surrounded by people that will listen to you. I guess this is therapeutic for me, but to see these families and what they're going through, I hurt for them so bad. I'm so honored to be the head coach of a game with this type of meaning, so thank you."

On Coach Dilfer's team emphasis to play for something bigger than themselves:

"[I'll talk to them] tomorrow morning. I was just in my office knowing that it was going to be emotional writing out what I want the team to understand about this game. And not so they play better, not so they win the game. Just so they truly can understand the joy that they're gonna bring to some families that are going through something that is so incredibly hard. It makes our little 1-4 start seem so minimal when you look into the eyes of people going through really hard things."

• Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,119
  • Days Won:  39

We can show those children inspiration but dropping a hundo 💯in Birmingham!  

Dilfer can do the highlight package on ESPN and talk about how many Dilfer Dimes Byrum Brown dropped on them.  

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,331
  • Content Count:  97,070
  • Days Won:  469

I tried to find their record in these games, but could not.  Not marked on their schedules either.  I hope it makes Dilfer extra emotionally erratic.  I like it!

• Go Bulls! 1

• Topic Count:  19
  • Content Count:  487
  • Days Won:  1

On 10/2/2023 at 2:17 PM, Gatorbull325 said:

Out of all FBS schools, we are ranked 18th in sacks and 5th in tackles for Loss. Hell, we had 4 sacks/8 TFLs against Alabama, 6 sacks/13 TFLs against FAMU, 3 sacks/8 TFLs against Rice, and 1 sacks/5 TFLs against Navy, and our worst game was  0 sacks/5 TFLs against WKU. As for a stat called "QB hurries or pressure," we have already matched our output from last year with 7 games remaining. What lack of or subpar pass rush are you looking at? 

And this is why Gatorbull325 is the best!

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  454
  • Days Won:  0

1 hour ago, Brad said:

I tried to find their record in these games, but could not.  Not marked on their schedules either.  I hope it makes Dilfer extra emotionally erratic.  I like it!

I heard on a podcast yesterday 6-1 or 5-1. About to be X-2 though. Unfortunately for them, they selected the wrong team this year. 

Edited by 00Bull

• Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,119
  • Days Won:  39

1 minute ago, 00Bull said:

I heard on a podcast yesterday 6-1 or 5-1. About to be X-2 though. Unfortunately for them, they selected the wrong team this year. 

We can inspire the children instead!  :iconic_u_black:

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,331
  • Content Count:  97,070
  • Days Won:  469

This might be like hiring a sad sack team for homecoming only to find out they’re no longer a sad sack and you ruin your homecoming.  Sorry kids. 

• Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  454
  • Days Won:  0

13 minutes ago, Brad said:

This might be like hiring a sad sack team for homecoming only to find out they’re no longer a sad sack and you ruin your homecoming.  Sorry kids. 

100%

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,712
  • Days Won:  424

4 hours ago, Brad said:

2 hours ago, 00Bull said:

I heard on a podcast yesterday 6-1

That's what I heard. If they bring one of those kids out for the coin toss I hope one of our captains apologizes to them for what's about to happen ...