• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Post Game Comments

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  993
  • Days Won:  0

7 hours ago, Bullcocky said:

What stood out to me in the comments is when Golesh mentioned that Byrum was actually the one who suggested to coach that they should go for more deep balls. Was this akin to the Quinton flowers let him cook moment with Taggart?

Maybe in legend but here is my interpretation:

QF "Coach, please let us play"

CWT "well I'm probably getting fired anyway might as well try something different"

BB "Coach, I'm ready"

CAG "F*** yeah baby let's go do it!!! Sounds like a great 4th and 11 play call from our own 20 yard line"

Coach T made that move after three recruiting classes, ~27 games, multiple OCs, some alleged pressure from the AD, and seemingly a few weeks away from losing the program if things didn't change.  

In hindsight I appreciate Coach Taggart even more. he didn't inherit a talent like B. Brown and it's a different era with transfers so all that matters (he could've really killed it here quick in this transfer era). 

but Golesh isn't waiting for the players to beg. we are seeing really positive signs of positive change somewhere on the team every week and we are still in the initial phase of figuring out what and who translates from practice to the game.

• Go Bulls! 1

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  1,834
  • Content Count:  5,473
  • Days Won:  13

Brown and Simmons both said it "the work we did all week...."   in other words: "the process"