• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Football Attendance

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  79
  • Content Count:  2,982
  • Days Won:  2

18 minutes ago, Cat941 said:

Yes.  We won't have the dang TSA-supplied numbers to distract us and for our detractors to audit. 

Also, OCS will be a draw and benefit us in attendance. 

• Upvote 1

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,712
  • Days Won:  424

3 hours ago, Triple B said:

Fudging ….smh. USF has the luxury of trying to expose as many as possible to Bulls football by giving away free tickets and they take advantage of it ….. and this is some type of conspiracy.

2 hours ago, 00Bull said:

It’s not a conspiracy it’s math. 

Fudging indicates a conspiracy ...... which is nutso.

Gametime!

• Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  9,756
  • Days Won:  25

Conspiracy math?

Edited by Roaming Bull

• Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  454
  • Days Won:  0

18 hours ago, Triple B said:

Fudging indicates a conspiracy ...... which is nutso.

Gametime!

Well USF does have discretion over if, when and how many free/cheap tickets to distribute so it’s completely under their control, is it not?

Btw it was pretty Orwellian of you to describe lack of demand for a product as a “luxury”. Usually “luxury” is what you have when demand for your product has been met and you have the ability to take liberties. Backfilling paying fans, with non paying seat fillers is the opposite of a luxury, it’s a necessity. But to a POV where the fans, not the leadership, are the problem, I can see how you would make that mistake. 

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  96
  • Content Count:  4,078
  • Days Won:  14

UAB ****-show won’t help for next week.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  686
  • Content Count:  7,657
  • Days Won:  6

10 minutes ago, MaltLiquorBull said:

Yep that cost us thousands of butts in seats next week.  Casual fans and non-interacting STMs this morning are saying "oh well same old USF, so what are we doing on Saturday now?".   

Edit:  This is not my view.  I'm fully supporting this team and believe we will still go bowling this year.  Just what I hear friends and others saying.  I was in a bar in Clearwater during the second half and heard 2 different people say something of this gist.

Edited by 79 Bull

• Topic Count:  295
  • Content Count:  6,845
  • Days Won:  22

13 minutes ago, MaltLiquorBull said:

No doubt. This team is better than past three years but it’s not as good as most fans thought after those two wins.

Im hoping for 20k in seats and announced 33k. Reality is that many that have tickets will watch on tv instead.

• Upvote 1

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,712
  • Days Won:  424

1 minute ago, 00Bull said:

Well USF does have discretion over if, when and how many free/cheap tickets to distribute so it’s completely under their control, is it not?

As it is for every other other program. So "fudging" numbers is just inherent in college football and we're just being one of the boys.

Btw it was pretty Orwellian of you to describe lack of demand for a product as a “luxury”. Usually “luxury” is what you have when demand for your product has been met and you have the ability to take liberties. Backfilling paying fans, with non paying seat fillers is the opposite of a luxury, it’s a necessity. But to a POV where the fans, not the leadership, are the problem, I can see how you would make that mistake. 

That's actually a good point except for the last sentence. The leadership right now is not the problem, with them doing everything they can to move the program along. The attendance for Rice was on the "fans" and no one else. There's been a new vibe within the football program and coming off a game like Bama, you get that type interest? It was a joke. Good thing is that hopefully attendance won't be any kind of driving force if there's another call up.

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  2,038
  • Days Won:  10

3 minutes ago, Cubanbull said:

No doubt. This team is better than past three years but it’s not as good as most fans thought after those two wins.

Im hoping for 20k in seats and announced 33k. Reality is that many that have tickets will watch on tv instead.

I am not so sure yet. I am still hoping yesterday was an anomaly, and that this team is still good, but just didnt show up yesterday. How can a team go toe to toe with Alabama, but then get totally outplayed and outcoached by UAB?

The next two weeks will be telling, but regardless based on the games against  Bama, Rice, and Navy, I think there is enough talent to beat most of the teams that remain on our schedule.

I think it will come down to coaching, and whether he can make adjustments based on what happened yesterday, and whether he can motivate the team to totally forget about what happened.

i do agree that attendance will take a hit on Saturday against FAU, since yesterday was a bit demoralizing.  But if we win more then lose for the rest of the season attendance will pick up a bit for next year.

• Topic Count:  96
  • Content Count:  4,078
  • Days Won:  14

15 minutes ago, 79 Bull said:

Yep that cost us thousands of butts in seats next week.  Casual fans and non-interacting STMs this morning are saying "oh well same old USF, so what are we doing on Saturday now?".   

Edit:  This is not my view.  I'm fully supporting this team and believe we will still go bowling this year.  Just what I hear friends and others saying.  I was in a bar in Clearwater during the second half and heard 2 different people say something of this gist.

I will still be there, but yeah, after a performance like that, I expect many will choose to spend their Saturday elsewhere.  Reminds me of the Tulane road loss in 2021…we thought we may have turned a corner, and then decided to basically pull a no show.  Coach better have these guys ready. I don’t want to get in the habit of getting lapped by another Florida school.