• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Football Attendance

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  604
  • Content Count:  16,504
  • Days Won:  43

I’m going to enjoy the extra elbow room lol. Shorter concession & bathroom lines. Life is good… 

• Topic Count:  10
  • Content Count:  329
  • Days Won:  0

I don't think this game is going to be well attended. It is kind of like a high school game. I expect family, students, and some alums to be there, but who cares about Rice. Does anybody have any co workers they are going to brag to about beating Rice? Is a win going to give us national recognition or get us into the top 25? If not, attendance will be low. Even when we are winning, attendance is low unless we are playing in games with national importance. This week ain't it. We need to get back to relevancy first and then playing games with national relevancy on a near weekly basis to get fans in the door. 

• Topic Count:  79
  • Content Count:  3,002
  • Days Won:  2

27 minutes ago, Bullcocky said:

I don't think this game is going to be well attended. It is kind of like a high school game. I expect family, students, and some alums to be there, but who cares about Rice. Does anybody have any co workers they are going to brag to about beating Rice? Is a win going to give us national recognition or get us into the top 25? If not, attendance will be low. Even when we are winning, attendance is low unless we are playing in games with national importance. This week ain't it. We need to get back to relevancy first and then playing games with national relevancy on a near weekly basis to get fans in the door. 

Morgan Freeman Reaction GIF by MOODMAN

But there are ways to get people interested in attending based on fun events associated with the games and not solely based on who's playing.   We've had ticket giveaways in the past i.e., honoring teachers, nurses, and military members, etc.  Inviting local high school bands is great like we saw for the FAMU game.  That's off the top of my head.  

• Topic Count:  96
  • Content Count:  4,078
  • Days Won:  14

31 minutes ago, Bullcocky said:

National relevancy would be great, but it all starts with beating somebody.  Anybody.  And having more home fans in the stands today will help us do that.  I know the average person doesn’t care about Rice.  I get that, but we don’t climb out of this hole until we are beating teams like Rice easily and routinely.  I hope we get a crowd to come out and cheer these guys to their first FBS win in a very long time.  

• Upvote 2

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  74
  • Content Count:  12,641
  • Days Won:  25

10 minutes ago, MaltLiquorBull said:

National relevancy would be great, but it all starts with beating somebody.  Anybody.  And having more home fans in the stands today will help us do that.  I know the average person doesn’t care about Rice.  I get that, but we don’t climb out of this hole until we are beating teams like Rice easily and routinely.  I hope we get a crowd to come out and cheer these guys to their first FBS win in a very long time.  

Preach Jennifer Lopez GIF by NBC

• Topic Count:  79
  • Content Count:  3,002
  • Days Won:  2

21 hours ago, Bull Matrix said:

I’m going to enjoy the extra elbow room lol. Shorter concession & bathroom lines. Life is good… 

Weather is great too!  Go Bulls!

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,737
  • Days Won:  425

44 minutes ago, Bullcocky said:

So basically we're at the same point we've been at since leaving the Big East, a dozen years ago ..... this horse has been beaten to death innumerable times.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,143
  • Days Won:  39

I don't bag on our attendance because of how bad the team has been.  I think our people are representing and last weeks game would have made an impression.

• Go Bulls! 1

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  97,089
  • Days Won:  469

1 hour ago, Bullcocky said:

but who cares about Rice.

No one.

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  97,089
  • Days Won:  469

40 minutes ago, Triple B said:

So basically we're at the same point we've been at since leaving the Big East, a dozen years ago ..... this horse has been beaten to death innumerable times.

:icon_deadhorse: