• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Carrying Cord - Tough Ass Dude

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,331
  • Content Count:  97,070
  • Days Won:  469

Just now, hm101 said:

I will say my take on the pick in the end zone was less on the play call more on BB. He should have just thrown it away. It was FIRST down so all you had to do was throw away and you get 2-3 more shots at getting 4 yards. 

The CC boys nailed that, you could see Byrum locked on that guy from the start...

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,712
  • Days Won:  424

2 minutes ago, Brad said:

The CC boys nailed that, you could see Byrum locked on that guy from the start...

Was it a bang bang type play where he really didn't have time to analyze? You have to hope that the last thing the coaches should have reinforced was "if it's not there, throw it away". Personally, just having to listen to the game, my first thought was they appeared to be running the ball pretty effective so why not give that a shot first ...

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,331
  • Content Count:  97,070
  • Days Won:  469

I think the WR was the first option and that is what Byrum saw.  I didn't watch it close enough to see anything other than him locking on.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,119
  • Days Won:  39

Haha @smazza got a shoutout on the pod.  🤣

NM - Brad already had that one.

Edited by Rocky Style

• Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  3,368
  • Days Won:  5

Not really sure why I got lumped in with smazza since I never called for BB to be benched or why that was the comment highlighted when in the same thread I said it was too early to pass judgement, he is young, oline and wrs had some issues, etc.

To kind of answer a question from the podcast, 15-34 with 1/2 (TD/INT) ratio would generally be considered not good from a passing game stand point but as I mentioned before it isn't all on BB and he is young and he along with the offense can grown under CAG.

• Upvote 1
  • Go Bulls! 1

• Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  3,368
  • Days Won:  5

To add to that quickly, I have stated over and over that one of the first signs of problems for me under the previous regime was the nonsense of having to see multiple QBs play in games to decide who the starter should be.  So I'm really happy that CAG made a decision and ran with it and hope that he continues to run with it.

• Upvote 1

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,712
  • Days Won:  424

29 minutes ago, olafberserker said:

To add to that quickly, I have stated over and over that one of the first signs of problems for me under the previous regime was the nonsense of having to see multiple QBs play in games to decide who the starter should be.  So I'm really happy that CAG made a decision and ran with it and hope that he continues to run with it.

Unless I've missed something, this really wasn't a decision but a process of elimination because of GB's health .....

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  74
  • Content Count:  12,618
  • Days Won:  25

I did like seeing some nastiness on defense. Jalen Stokes lit that guy up with a solid hit and made him feel it. I can't remember the last time we were nasty on defense. Stokes is from Polk County so I respect him even more.  The defense will need the offense have less three and outs if we want to win more games. I  I was hoping to see the Smith kid returning punts and kick returns with his speed. You should add "you got creamed" segment and shout out to any big hits or blocks that happen every game.

Edited by Outlaw
  • Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  119
  • Content Count:  6,568
  • Days Won:  28

15 minutes ago, Outlaw said:

I did like seeing some nastiness on defense. Jalen Stokes lit that guy up with a solid hit and made him feel it. I can't remember the last time we were nasty on defense. Stokes is from Polk County so I respect him even more.  The defense will need the offense have less three and outs if we want to win more games. I  I was hoping to see the Smith kid returning punts and kick returns with his speed. You should add "you got creamed" segment and shout out to any big hits or blocks that happen every game.

Hickman and Gooden both were out. I feel when they are back that will push the defensive unit over the edge 

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  74
  • Content Count:  12,618
  • Days Won:  25

7 minutes ago, Gatorbull325 said:

Hickman and Gooden both were out. I feel when they are back that will push the defensive unit over the edge 

Certainly doesnt hurt adding two big bodies to the rotation up front.