• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Dream sequence

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  127
  • Days Won:  0

I was at the game yesterday watching a team I love. Someone referenced Colorado winning and I started thinking through how different that game, the number of fans, the preseason and our likely next 3 years would be if that dream sequence had come true. Many seem to hate him, but Colorado won 1 game last year. They may only win 1 this year, but the feeling is so different. Hiring the right coach changes everything. 

• Topic Count:  4
  • Content Count:  774
  • Days Won:  1

1 minute ago, bullMD2005 said:

I was at the game yesterday watching a team I love. Someone referenced Colorado winning and I started thinking through how different that game, the number of fans, the preseason and our likely next 3 years would be if that dream sequence had come true. Many seem to hate him, but Colorado won 1 game last year. They may only win 1 this year, but the feeling is so different. Hiring the right coach changes everything. 

100%

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,714
  • Days Won:  424

7 minutes ago, bullMD2005 said:

I hate him because IF all that stuff during the coaching search was mostly true, we got played ...... of course, the haters will blame MK.

• Upvote 3

• Topic Count:  604
  • Content Count:  16,485
  • Days Won:  43

18 minutes ago, Triple B said:

I hate him because IF all that stuff during the coaching search was mostly true, we got played ...... of course, the haters will blame MK.

Lol. I’m not sure if what we heard was true or not. But I do remember this as true with PT. He played the young baseball fans hoping to get an autograph. Said he was busy as he was pretending to carry boxes which ended up being empty instead of taking a few minutes to sign baseballs for the kids at a spring training game lol 

• Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  8,722
  • Days Won:  23

If only we had the $3.5M + more to pay him

we will be fine with Golesh. he is bringing in quality talent. maybe not as fast as dion but he will leave colorado as soon as he can.

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  127
  • Days Won:  0

29 minutes ago, Bull94 said:

If only we had the $3.5M + more to pay him

we will be fine with Golesh. he is bringing in quality talent. maybe not as fast as dion but he will leave colorado as soon as he can.

Agree on both fronts. Was unlikely to happen as we reflect retrospectively. Also agree that a new coach deserves time.  The dream sequence of attention (eye balls), general USF relevance and team performance would have been fun. 

I’m likely just suffering from impaired decision making, with a new world view that would highly prioritize bad teams and relevance over bad teams and irrelevance. 

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  127
  • Content Count:  2,118

I love how people literally posted - “we dodged a bullet by not getting Deion”. I would love that bullet!! Anyway we have what we have. The next 2 games are almost certain outcomes which means Rice and Navy will show us the direction this season will head. 

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Topic Count:  194
  • Content Count:  6,784
  • Days Won:  3

46 minutes ago, Triple B said:

IF all that stuff during the coaching search was mostly true, we got played .

Well, what if it WASN'T entirely 100% full-disclosure type of true. What if entertaining USF was a courtesy, like the great post-graduation interview carousel where we interviewed with twenty-some companies before we made the decision of where to show up for work. Why would anyone want to coach at USF if the opportunity for a P5 job was in the offing? What if, no matter what money was but a PART of the decision, that there was more to the decision. Wanna go the mid-major route or the P5 route if the opportunity is there? I'm pretty sure that a hundred and thirty guys in The Job do have informal conversations and swap OTR intelligence information as to what is what in coaching: "Consider yourself warned, if you go here X.  You know, Z is a pretty good environment, so yeah, consider that." 

The USF situation was not a mysterious black box full of unknowns.  And did Mr. Sanders really want to build from the bottom up (apparently not, as we've seen)? Why exhaust all of those resources to be the tallest midget? Where's the payoff? Not until such time as USF becomes a destination - a real destination - will we land top-tier coaching talent. 

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  127
  • Content Count:  2,118

7 minutes ago, WoolyBully said:

Well, what if it WASN'T entirely 100% full-disclosure type of true. What if entertaining USF was a courtesy, like the great post-graduation interview carousel where we interviewed with twenty-some companies before we made the decision of where to show up for work. Why would anyone want to coach at USF if the opportunity for a P5 job was in the offing? What if, no matter what money was but a PART of the decision, that there was more to the decision. Wanna go the mid-major route or the P5 route if the opportunity is there? I'm pretty sure that a hundred and thirty guys in The Job do have informal conversations and swap OTR intelligence information as to what is what in coaching: "Consider yourself warned, if you go here X.  You know, Z is a pretty good environment, so yeah, consider that." 

The USF situation was not a mysterious black box full of unknowns.  And did Mr. Sanders really want to build from the bottom up (apparently not, as we've seen)? Why exhaust all of those resources to be the tallest midget? Where's the payoff? Not until such time as USF becomes a destination - a real destination - will we land top-tier coaching talent. 

This. As much as I would have love Deion. He was never choosing us over a P5 so people need to stop with the we should have done more to get him. 

• Topic Count:  9,898
  • Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

deion was never coming here