• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Scouting FAMU!

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,142
  • Days Won:  39

FAMU is looking good and those unis are sharp.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  1,834
  • Content Count:  5,491
  • Days Won:  13

13 minutes ago, USFRaider said:

If they win it’s going to be close. They aren’t good enough to beat anyone in the nation by three touchdowns 

It's not a question of "if" ... USF will win... the only question is by how much.  You've been beat down by the CJS era. 

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  1,722
  • Days Won:  6

2 minutes ago, Jim Johnson said:

It's not a question of "if" ... USF will win... the only question is by how much.  You've been beat down by the CJS era. 

I think they will win  too but if they lost it wouldn’t surprise me in this least. This is a bad team and a bad program. I think you overestimate them. 

• Topic Count:  176
  • Content Count:  8,612
  • Days Won:  28

We beat them 38-17 in 2021 in year 2 of CJS and if I remember correctly it was closer than the score indicated.  

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  1,327
  • Days Won:  1

6 minutes ago, Jim Johnson said:

What are your thoughts on FAU? 

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  1,834
  • Content Count:  5,491
  • Days Won:  13

Just now, Bull Nut said:

What are your thoughts on FAU? 

I didn't get to watch the FAU game, so I am not sure.  Going into the season I figured it was a 50-50 game.

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  1,327
  • Days Won:  1

14 minutes ago, Jim Johnson said:

I didn't get to watch the FAU game, so I am not sure.  Going into the season I figured it was a 50-50 game.

I'm trying not to derail the thread, however, I know you're a well-respected voice and value your opinion. If we lose to FAMU or FAU, do you think MK should retain his position? 

• Topic Count:  44
  • Content Count:  2,035
  • Days Won:  20

1 hour ago, Bull Nut said:

Might not be a gimme on our schedule.... If we lose to FAMU or FAU then MK needs to be fired immediately.

We got bodied by McNeese State (also a ranked FCS team) in 2013 and a couple weeks later by FAU. CWT still got time to do his thing and it ended up paying off. Woolard kept his job even after the disastrous decision to extend CSH. You can make an argument for firing VPMK for the CJS hire or the extension of multiple failing coaches. You can’t do the same because of a HC who is in Game 2. That’s pushing the sins of CJS onto the next HC and not fair at all. He’s doing the best he can with a new team and system. Even the GCO took four games to start motoring and that was with freak show athletes at the skill positions. The FAMU/FAU outcomes should not be the deciding factors of VPMKs employment. Had he kept CJS on and we lost to them in Year 4, then yes. But now we have to let CAG cook and see how it works out.

Edited by TheUpperHand
  • Go Bulls! 1

• Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  3,374
  • Days Won:  5

Just now, Bull Nut said:

I'm trying not to derail the thread, however, I know you're a well-respected voice and value your opinion. If we lose to FAMU or FAU, do you think MK should retain his position? 

He's not getting fired because we lose to FAU.  OR even FAMU in and of itself but if we lose to FAMU at home we may not win a game this year and thus he should be gone along with CAG and start over

• Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  3,374
  • Days Won:  5

2 minutes ago, TheUpperHand said:

We got bodied by McNeese State (also a ranked FCS team) in 2013

Different era with the portal and what not.  Losing to FAMU is completely unacceptable and not a good sign at all