• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Garris, Searcy, Camon Lauded By Leavitt

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  295
  • Content Count:  6,831
  • Days Won:  22

i think he is been the favorite all along but i also think the freshmen will push him n get plenty of playing time.

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  999
  • Content Count:  19,229
  • Days Won:  1

I bet we see 4 RB's get good playing time... keep em fresh all game, but play Hall and another (crossley?) enough to get them into a groove.

• Topic Count:  96
  • Content Count:  4,501
  • Days Won:  0

I think this is the year of change and Hall will be the featured back.  I know we are all just speculating but from all I have read about him he looks like he will be the man.  The military academy seems to have gotten him focused on the complete picture i.e. not just football but school, discipline and hard work.  He sounds like he will fit into JLs sytem perfect with an attitude of taking nothing for granted and working hard all the time which will get him the starting job and the majority of the carries.  The freshman will learn from both him and Crossley what it takes to be successfull. Clearly he has the physical ability if you beleive his sub-4.4 timein the 40(no reason not to beleive it)  and the size and power(have you guys seen this guy-he is a rock).  He will be our guy that gets numerous 100+ yard games.  As a friend always said to me "Hear me now, believe me later". The Great Karnak has spoken.

Guest S. Bien

Garris has all the tools to be great.

Hall will probably step in, but he better come prepared.  I am disappointed to see that Crossley hasn't been stepping up, and he needs to push himself, the staff expects more out of seniors.  I think by the third week Hall will be splitting time wiht Crossley, and Trae Williams.

• Topic Count:  96
  • Content Count:  4,501

I hope Hall is more then just sharing carries by the third week because I think we will be in trouble.  Our maginal running game by committe really didn't work that well last year and for Garris or any other wideout to be effective you really need a solid running game.  I would think the TCU game and every game after that tought us that lesson last year.  QB can not and I repeat can not throw effectively while lying on the ground with some 280 pound guy on top of him.

• Topic Count:  9,898
  • Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

was garris highly recruited?

is he a true freshman?

is he the biggest surprise of the 3?

Guest S. Bien
was garris highly recruited?

is he a true freshman?

is he the biggest surprise of the 3?

smazza,  you really need to pay more attention to my recruiting posts, and player discussions. ;D

Actually I was a big fan of JB Garris coming out of East Bay HS.  EBH was always a perennial loser in Hills High School FB.  JB was an option QB for EBH, but he was an amazing athlete, he played safety as well until his senior year when he concentrated exclusively on QB.  JB has excellent speed, and is real exlusive, a wonderful work ethic, great leadership skills, and is a real coachable athlete.

Two years ago EBH made the playoffs exclusively on the legs of JB Garris, and the pass rushing ability of DE Josh Johnson.  JB went barily recruited since EBH ran an option, and he didn't play defense as a senior.  USF went after both players feverishly, and we landed jB, but lost Josh to the UofSouth Carolina.  

JB, ran track, was a long jumper, high jumper, and ran sprints.  He was an amazing athlete, and typically EBH just let him tuck and run out of that wing t offense.  I saw him in their last playoff game, tuck the ball on the final play, down by 5, on their own 35.  He tucked the ball and went around the right side, he turned the corner and went all the way to the opponents 20 before being shoved out of bounds as time expired.  JB has a little bit of Peter Warrick, and Chris Davis in him.  Seriously.  I told everyone back when we picked him up to expect this kid to make a huge difference at either DB, or WR whichever the staff puts him at.  Once he moved to WR I told everyone to watch him become one of the big play WR's for this team.  He has capabilities like DeAndrew Rubin with possibly slightly more speed.   Once he settled in at WR, wham, he has been lauded all spring, and the staff already have him slotted as a starter.

Steve, mark my words JB Garris will be the best WR to play for USF in our short history- well Peyton may be the ying to JB's yang.  JB is that good, he's got around 4.4 speed, at 6-2, he's shifty like Rubin or Warrick.  He's real strong for his size, but the difference is he's a **** hard worker, and he's one of the most coachable "Yes Sir" "No Sir" kind of kids you'll meet.  I've been predicting great things from JB all along.  The minute after watching that last play during his final senior year playoff game I had been wishing USF would land him.

Everyone in the HS ranks in the Bay Area felt that in 2003 USF absolutely stole Ronnie McCollough, Trae Williams, and JB Garris.  In everyone's estimation all three of these players should have been at top 10 schools but went overlooked because of the amazing year Hills Football had in 2003.

Garris is a great one.

• Topic Count:  724
  • Content Count:  10,219

this could be a special year in the qb situation stable

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  4,748
  • Content Count:  37,653
  • Days Won:  29

Nice to see our first 2004 commit, Antonio Searcy, already moving up the depth chart. Our DT's are going to be awesome this year.

Just hope Ramon McCollough continues to develope ... but either way ... I agree Howie.

Go BULLS !!!

• Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  162

Overall...the USF D appears to be quite talanted...especially at LB w/ great size, speed, and depth.  Your D has always impressed and played with great emotion and heart.

Offense is the concern...no proven playmaker at QB, although there is experience, and then the RB situation that would have me most concerned.  It's not a good situation to be in when your coaches verbalize that that TB(s) they expect to contribute may not be on campus yet.  There is just not that much time to learn everything in the fall, especially for such a demanding job as TB.  

OL and WR look good though, no doubt.