• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Garris, Searcy, Camon Lauded By Leavitt

Guest jaxbull

that's an honest assessment,  i agree that i am not sold on julmiste in the offense that usf ran last year.  and there's a huge question mark as to if hall can carry the offense, since he'll be arriving late. although conf usa doesn't typically have athletes as highly regarded as him (two time all american #1 rated juco rb). i'm curious to see what tj brings to the team, the people in the know seem to be high on him although i haven't seen any game tape on him.

usf will be fine though, i'd be more worried about ucf, if usf goes to a bowl and ucf has another 3 win season, and with usf going to the big east after that. it's going to be hell trying to recruit. i think the pressure is on ucf to show something on the field this year.

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  295
  • Content Count:  6,833
  • Days Won:  22

i think the rbs coming in will more than fill the void there. the big concern is the QB situation

• Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  162
  • Days Won:  0

Concerning the RB's - I don't think the talent is arguable...clearly it is a VERY talented group.  But even the most talented players needs time to learn the offense.  And one August camp is a short amount of time to pick everything up, particulary blocking schemes/blitz pickup and route recogntion out of the backfield.  Offensive coaches need RB's who know the system so they can open the playbook and disguise plays.  

Next year....look out.

Guest jaxbull

pj will never be a gamebreaker, but i think if you surround him with the right personnel and with an offense that is more suited for him, i think he'll be all right. he's got some tools, the work ethic, and the coaching staff has faith in him. we'll see what he brings to the table during the spring game.

Guest jaxbull

hey i'lll be the first to agree with you, i think it's going to take some time for hall to completely know the offense and i think most people don't expect him to dominate from day one. we need some seniors to step up, like crossley, expecially for our first game against pitt.  

Concerning the RB's - I don't think the talent is arguable...clearly it is a VERY talented group.  But even the most talented players needs time to learn the offense.  And one August camp is a short amount of time to pick everything up, particulary blocking schemes/blitz pickup and route recogntion out of the backfield.  Offensive coaches need RB's who know the system so they can open the playbook and disguise plays.  

Next year....look out.

Guest S.  Bien

First, Leavitt has done this before.  He is clearly trying to send a message to Crossley to step up his game.  Clenton will respond, I guarantee it.

Second, people need to get to know Hall a little better.  The more you understand his past four years the better you will feel about his ability to come in and immediately compete.

Hall wasn't eligible until his senior year at Dixie Hollins HS.  There were other backs when he started practice in the fall with proven experience.  All he did was WOW the coaches, and began starting for Dixie Hollins, and went on to rush for 1,800+ yards in HS and be the Pinellas County leading rusher.  Word started to filter over to us folk in Hillsborough about this amazing back at Dixie.  Once I saw him I was amazed, but also dismayed to find out he wasn't going to have a chance to be eligible.  

Then he goes to the Georgia Military Institute.  In the fall he arrives and they already had proven backs at this JC, yet all he did was WOW those coaches and went on to start every game and rush for over 1800 yards, and become a Juco AA at this smallish JC with decent competition.

Hall didn't like the military atmosphere and then transfered to Garden City, KS JC.  Kansas JC football is some of the best in the nation.  He arrived again in the fall, again only to WOW the coaches and immediately started.  He finished with over 1,600 yards, and yet again a JUCO AA honor.  Against Dodge City, the best Kansas JUCO that had players like Kuale, Searcy, and other top 1-A Defensive players he ran for over 230 yards!

Obviously Hall has a track record of being able to pick-up offenses quickly, and adapt in the fall for the rigors of the new competition he is about to face.  Three straight Augusts, and three straight years Hall outshined the incoming competition, started, and excelled.  I am not saying he can do the same here, but his track record indicates that if anyone can come in during fall practice, and immediately pick up the offense, and make an impact Andre Hall can.

That should give us some comfort with where the running game is headed.

• Topic Count:  9,898
  • Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

sbien-thanks FOR  info  and i have marked your words and by the way.

I DO NEED TO PAY ATTENTION

jax-all the new players on every team get same practice time.

the great players shine the others make excuses

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  4,751
  • Content Count:  37,666
  • Days Won:  29

Crossley will be fine and the new backs coming in will only make us better and deeper.

Go BULLS !!!

Guest jaxbull

perfect timing with brett's new article about our runningback situation. i think our running game will be fine, the guys we've got coming in have some serious talent and although there are the obvious questions (will hall come in shape, how will he adapt to the increased competition, will any of the rookies step up, will tj qualify, etc.) i'll reserve judgement until they get the full team on campus.

i'm optimistic about our offense though, after all it can't be much worse than last year  (julmiste's ruthian 6-26 for 74 yards and 3 int game against uab, comes to mind)  

that being said julmiste's progress as a quarterback is going to be the limiting factor for our success this season and i seriously hope it comes together for him.

the spring game can't get here soon enough, i'm really looking forward to seeing garrris in action and those other recruits from 2003. even if our offense tanks (which i hope it won't) it'll be an exciting season.

• Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  100
  • Days Won:  0

Terrence Jones

He should start, get tons of carries right away, and in two years we will have our first All-American.