• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

USF 113/117 Fewest Penalties Per Game

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Content Count:  146
  • Days Won:  0

Not sure when you played Tulderbull, but Coach Canales, Coach Magee, Coach Woolford, and Coach Frey always made their players run for penalties, turnovers, missed assignments, and LLBs.  As far as the defense running more, the only times the defense ran more was when they ran gassers for giving up touchdowns, so if they played good they didn't run as much, but if we got blown out, then yes, they ran more.  As a team, USF runs more year round than almost any other program.  We used to joke about the fact that Miami's conditioning test was one of our normal conditioning days.  Butmaybe this has changed in the last 3 years?

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest TULDERBULL

Maybe one time in my career the offense ran more then the defense.  You guys may have run a little but nothing special, a half gasser or so.  If you were there Levi maybe then you know the Offense didnt run near as much as the track teams on defense did.

• Topic Count:  6
  • Content Count:  146

Maybe one time in my career the offense ran more then the defense.  You guys may have run a little but nothing special, a half gasser or so.  If you were there Levi maybe then you know the Offense didnt run near as much as the track teams on defense did.

It sounds as if maybe things have changed under Rod Smith.  Levi played after I did.  If it is true that the offense no longer adheres to the strict discipline that we did back in the begining, then that is a direct reflection of the offensive coordinator, and is sad.  Hopefully, by bringing in a new offensive coordinator they will restore some accountability into the offensive players.

• Topic Count:  721
  • Content Count:  6,754
  • Days Won:  19

Come on now... the defense didn't run half as much as the offense did. I remember seeing McCready, Hugh Smith, Rube and others getting gassed going from play to play between first and second team work while the defense chilled and partied it up. The offense ran so much more during practice, that the gassers were a break at the end. And the O-lineman... hell... Big Sweat busted them boys up and down the field. Defense had it easy... I remember Jay Mize and Marshall Smith just licking their chops waiting for us scout players to come across the middle on a play we would run five times in a row... what a pisser that was. You know that they know your about to get decleated running a play five times in a row because we weren't giving the best look. Oh... those were the days.

Kevin... hopefully things are going good for you. Maybe we'll see each other at the game.

Tulderbull... how many punishing blows did you deliver to us scout team lackeys?

Guest tulderbull

Big Luke, aka sheriff

I would never hit a scout teamer coming across the middle, or anyone on my team,  Do you remember kawika laying out someone and there being a huge fight between the O and D shortly after.  Also not to be in a pissing match but how many times where you guys out there later then us on a Monday running regardless of who played better D was always out there running more then the O.  Burnham and Kravitz wouldnt let us out earlier then the O.  Also Leavitt always ran with the D meaning we were out there running longer.  No big deal just trying to state Leavitt was always easier on the O as opposed to the D.  I think that is part of the reason the D is more successful then the O.  But that is just me Luke what do I know.  I enjoyed every minute of being with the fellas and missing it more and more

I remember Kawika kicking Hugh in the face with his big Hawaiian foot... then all hell broke loose. It's pretty funny now that we look back on it.

Leavitt was tougher on the D... without a doubt. It's amazing how much talent was on that team for a transition season from I-AA to I-A. The defense was stacked. Someone posted a thread of the original signing class... seeing those names again was awesome.

I must say this bowl game is really a fulfilling moment. Our program has come a long way in nine years... and although we all have even higher expectations, seeing our boys representing the Green and Gold in late December,  almost January, is something we'll never forget.

If you're in Charlotte Tulderbull, I'll send a round your way. I heard we're going to have a pretty good contingent of former players up there. I left a message with Rube, and I'm still going to holler at Hugh Smith when I get a chance.

I'd really like to see Kenyatta out there... wonder how the big fella is doing?

Big Luke

• Topic Count:  219
  • Content Count:  3,827

(this turned into a good post real quick...dont let me get in the way)

Guest tulderbull

I am working on getting a flight but cant seem to find anything in my budget,  What a pain in the A$$.  This year has absolutely killed me I have never missed a game until this year and had to listen to 3 on the radio, what a shame, The **** big east, my family even says that.  I will try to be there and when I see you, you'll remember me. I dont want to say who I am but you'll understand why.  Till Charlotte hopefully.  

Guest tulderbull

One more thing, I dont remember him kicking Hugh but I was right there when he kicked Tim Jones after you guys scored on us.  Tim was talking **** and Kawika told him to stop, Tim didn't and the rest is history.   By the way Kawika is playing real well, talk to him the other day and is doing well. He said he is going to try and make it to the Bowl game, would be good to see him.  5 years there with a bunch of good records and no bowls to show for it,  That is the one thing I am bitter about all the hard work, and nothing to really show, I must say I am envious of these bulls, Congrats fellas, It has been a long time coming enjoy

Tulder... my budget has been a wild rollercoaster... for a couple of months, I'm wondering if I'll make it out of the red... then I hit a seven month period where I was "Big Baller Luke". Then football came, major family problems with my dad's deteroiating health, and flying across country put me on the cusp of being in the red again. There is no happy medium.

Now... I meet this super hot and sweet senorita, invite her with me to the game that way I can enjoy New Years with her, but realize taking someone means you just don't slum around in your friends hotel eating McD's for every meal like I can do when I go by myself. If a plane ticket is a problem, give me a heads up... one of my close buddies on here gave me game tickets when he bought ten for himself even though he isn't even making the trip to the game because of his work obligation. I can probably help with either a Grant or a Benjamin for your plane fare and maybe get you a game ticket. I need to know sooner than later though...

If it weren't for people on this message board, I would've missed out on a lot of things that weren't finacially feasible. When I have a little reserve, I do what I can to "pass it on".

Have you thought about driving up? Unless your Brian Fisher, driving might be a cost efficient alternative... and I'll still spring for two to three tanks of gas for ya unless you drive a Navigator, Hummer, or Escalade... we'll have to negotiate on that. Call me... 813-494-7026. Terry

Big Luke