• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Football season overview

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  49
  • Content Count:  403
  • Days Won:  0

I’d just like to get some other opinions on this.  I was disappointed on how the season ended (especially the loss to uconn).  But, I sat back and thought about my hopes the season before it started.  And I was hoping that the Bulls would make a good showing in the Big East and would make a bowl game.  As much as I would’ve liked to have seen the regular season end a little bit better, I have to admit that my expectations were met.

What does everyone else think?  

• Topic Count:  116
  • Content Count:  1,501

YEP, I totally agree.  I really thought we'd only get 4 wins this year.  I am THRILLED we made a bowl game b/c I thought that was an unrealistic goal.  

I'm looking forward to the future.  Next year we need to step it up and get something going in regards to the QB.  

GO BULLS!

• Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  193

Honestly, this year TOTALLY surpassed my expectations. As a transfer to USF, when I asked about their athletics, all I got was, 'ehhhh it's alright." I was expecting maybe 10,000 people at the football games.

But a semester into it....I am SO PROUD to say I am a USF Bull!

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Topic Count:  111
  • Content Count:  2,527

As nice as Sugar would've been, a lesser bowl (for our first time) is a blessing in disguise.  We can get the "bowl experience" without all the national attention / pressure.

• Topic Count:  999
  • Content Count:  19,229
  • Days Won:  1

As nice as Sugar would've been, a lesser bowl (for our first time) is a blessing in diguise.  We can get the "bowl experience" without all the national attention / pressure.

and a win in the game won't be out of the question ;D

• Topic Count:  9,898
  • Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

this year exceeded my expectations

BUT

usf blew a golden opportunity to go to a bcs bowl

will we ever have an easier road to the bcs bowl?

the same problems for years

1.penalties

2.bad play calling

.dropped passes

4.poor qb play

5.lack of poise and discilple

6.terrible special teams

7.team wasn't preppared for several games

the bulls should be proud but i think leavitt sets his expectations low and that IS UNACCEPTABLE

I NEVER thought the big east would be this bad

WE NEED TO DO BETTER IN RECRUITING

Guest Rueben_Horowitz

Biggest complaint I have is their play on the road. Two road wins all year, that is bad. No excuse to get blown out by Pitt. The UConn game is little more forgivable given that most of the USF team never has seen snow. (This is obviously going to be an ongoing issue) From experience I can tell you that catching a frozen rope with frozen hands takes practice. Plus the triple option pass on 4th and 6 (puke) can't be blamed on the play of the team.

Besides those two games, I thought it was a very good season. Played Penn St and Miami tougher than I would have imagined.

Rueben

• Topic Count:  37
  • Content Count:  1,480

expectations for this year based on last year's team - FAR FAR FAR exceeded my expectations.

expectations modified after watching THIS year's team - most games were what I expected, Louisville was an unexpected win and Pitt and UConn were unexpected losses. So maybe it is still the incredibly bitter taste in my mouth from the UConn game but I think with the team we had this year we underacheived by about 1 (net) game in the W-L column.

Now we just have to win the bowl game to make up for it!!  ;D

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  110
  • Content Count:  5,407
  • Days Won:  10

I, too, had my expectations exceeded.  In the beginning, I was hoping that going into the Big East that we wouldn't embarass ourselves.  In my opinion we didn't do that.  Yes, we had some bitter pills to swallow.  We blew opportunities and played inconsistently.  But, all in all, we represented better than I expected.

I believe that we will get the play calling thing handled in the off season.  I think that we will get some good recruits and remember -- many on our team are freshmen and sophomores.  So the future will be better.  I am very proud of my team and my school.

And we have the best looking cheerleaders and dancers in NCAA sports!!!

• Topic Count:  99
  • Content Count:  10,565
  • Days Won:  7

Biggest complaint I have is their play on the road. Two road wins all year, that is bad. No excuse to get blown out by Pitt. The UConn game is little more forgivable given that most of the USF team never has seen snow. (This is obviously going to be an ongoing issue) From experience I can tell you that catching a frozen rope with frozen hands takes practice. Plus the triple option pass on 4th and 6 (puke) can't be blamed on the play of the team.

I beg to differ on the UConn game being a "forgivable" loss. Snow had nothing to do with it, nor did the cold weather. It had everything to do with turnovers and suspect play calling, which was the same reasons we lost to Pitt. The 4th and goal play should have never occurred because we should have punched the ball in on 3rd and goal from the 1.

As far as expectations went, the team surpassed mine. This years schedule was much tougher than anyone one we had played before. I figured we had the ability to win 5 games. In reality, we could/should have won 8.

With so many returning players, an easier 2006 schedule, and what looks to be a very strong recruiting class shaping up, I see a better year in 2006.