• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Football season overview

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  696
  • Content Count:  7,201
  • Days Won:  3

First, I have heard from a good inside source that at least one major change will take place regarding coaching/playcalling.  Look for the post season annoucement.

Regarding the season, I was dissappointed, but still satisfied.   It is because our Bulls team gave us hope about half way down the stretch.  After winning against Louisville, we thought anything was possible.  Reality is a winning season in the BE, a bowl game, some fresh recruits, and we were supposed to win maybe 5 games.  We did one better.  Not to mention votes a few weeks in multiple Polls.  Some national recognition as the skunks of BCS (all publicity is good, ask Martha Stewart).  We had the nations 17th toughest schedule.  3 losses against top 15 teams.  beat one top 10 team.  How much more do you need to be a little positive about our Bulls.  Oh, did I mention we have only had a program for 10 years......  

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  4,751
  • Content Count:  37,675
  • Days Won:  29

Overall ... I'm "happy".

Each season I seriously expect to win each game.

Regarding the no so suprising loses of UM & PSU away, we weren't ugly.

Regarding the road losses at Pitt & UConn were ugly and cost us dearly as we SHOULD have won.

The final home game loss wasn't suprising as the conf. champs had only lost one game and were "rolling".

A Bowl win will definately help.

Grade the Season: C-

Go BULLS !!!

Guest Rueben_Horowitz

Flip said:

"Snow had nothing to do with it, nor did the cold weather. It had everything to do with turnovers and suspect play calling, which was the same reasons we lost to Pitt. "

- The weather had nothing to do with the turnovers? Did you watch the game? How many dropped passes did you see? Tipped balls and fumbles were a direct result of the cold in my opinion. That's like saying car accidents in the snow have nothing to do with the weather.  Implying that cold weather doesn't have an impact on a football team comprised almost entirely of players from Florida is ridiculous. The cold was a HUGE advantage for UConn.

Playcalling wasn't suspect, it was terrible, and ultimately cost USF the game, I agree on that. Penalties also cost us, but I think we all expect that from our team at this point.

E.T. - Anyone familiar with Philippians 4:11&12 isn't surprised you are 'happy'. Although I was expecting to hear 'content' from you.  ;)

Great passage...I'm more familiar with the first section of the book if you can't tell by my name.

Happy Holidays to all,

Rueben

• Topic Count:  40
  • Content Count:  231
  • Days Won:  0

Google that passage and you get a link here, pretty cool.

11 Not that I say this because of need, for I have learned, in whatever situation I find myself, to be self-sufficient.

12 I know indeed how to live in humble circumstances; I know also how to live with abundance. In every circumstance and in all things I have learned the secret of being well fed and of going hungry, of living in abundance and of being in need.

Oh yeah, here is my overview:

USGSBombingRangeCloseup1.jpg

A lot of bombs dropped, craters and a few high points that are barely visable from here. (mostly on defense, which played pretty darn well)

• Topic Count:  96
  • Content Count:  4,501
  • Days Won:  0

Great season filled with highs and lows.

Lows:  UCon game,Pitt game & turnovers at Penn State & Miami.

Highs: UL win,UCF whuping,Bowl game,JL signed to a long term contract.

• Topic Count:  963
  • Content Count:  9,765
  • Days Won:  9

I expected USF to go 6-5 or 7-4 this year.  

The only losses I had penciled in were PSU, Miami, Louisville, and Pitt.  I thought we'd beat UCF, FAMU, Rutgers, WVU, Cincinnati, and UConn.  I wasn't sure how Syracuse would be, and how we'd play in the dome, so that was the only game prior to the season that I didn't have a clue on.