• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Important OCS Update

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  1,834
  • Content Count:  5,486
  • Days Won:  13

1 hour ago, Outlaw said:

It looks nice, but I don't think it is real. The real question is why they didn't list all the amenities,water fountains, and bathroom situations.

It's real, but not a USF rendering.  It's Mosaic Stadium in Regina, Saskatchewan -- home of the CFL's Saskatchewan Roughriders... were USF alumnus S.J Green played for a few years.

Edited by Jim Johnson

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  74
  • Content Count:  12,616
  • Days Won:  25

6 minutes ago, Jim Johnson said:

It's real, but not a USF rendering.  It's Mosaic Stadium in Regina, Saskatchewan -- home of the CFL's Saskatchewan Roughriders... were USF alumnus S.J Green played for a few years.

Yeah I got it was was a real stadium, but not Usf's stadium.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  207
  • Content Count:  3,458
  • Days Won:  19

Apparently, per this Oracle op piece, won't need a large student section and better provide free concessions.

WWW.USFORACLE.COM

A roaring stadium of rowdy fans, fascinating lectures packed to the brim with eager young minds and lively homecoming events: a picture of the campus experience...

I remember when I worked my way through school, lived in a travel trailer with my roommate and cooked all our meals to survive on the cheap.  Of course, in those days we walked uphill to and from campus in the snow.... 

• Like 1

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,119
  • Days Won:  39

7 hours ago, SilverBull said:

Apparently, per this Oracle op piece, won't need a large student section and better provide free concessions.

WWW.USFORACLE.COM

A roaring stadium of rowdy fans, fascinating lectures packed to the brim with eager young minds and lively homecoming events: a picture of the campus experience...

I remember when I worked my way through school, lived in a travel trailer with my roommate and cooked all our meals to survive on the cheap.  Of course, in those days we walked uphill to and from campus in the snow.... 

Hah yes I remember those days.  Not bad at all!

• Like 1

8 hours ago, SilverBull said:

WWW.USFORACLE.COM

It seems college these days are not preparing kids for the real world. They don't want to have to work and learn how to budget money. Sadly we are not teaching the younger generation the value of hard work and knowing how to live within your budget. I always worked my rear off at  bars abd restraunts , went to class, and barely got by financially.  My friends that didn't work and lived of this loans now complain their student loans are too high.

• Like 3

• Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  454
  • Days Won:  0

8 hours ago, SilverBull said:

WWW.USFORACLE.COM

Huh, so rising costs are resulting in students not going to free events? Not sure I see their logic unless they are saying every student is having to work during these free events which doesn’t sound likely either.

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, 00Bull said:

Huh, so rising costs are resulting in students not going to free events? Not sure I see their logic unless they are saying every student is having to work during these free events which doesn’t sound likely either.

They want everything free and want someone else to pay for it. The oracle has shared students and professor not wanting a stadium written in multiple articles. The current student here Bryson has said most students at usf don't care about sports. I think the students and professors think if there is a stadium on campus they would have to pay more.

Edited by Outlaw

• Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  454
  • Days Won:  0

48 minutes ago, Outlaw said:

They want everything free and want someone else to pay for it. The oracle has shared students and professor not wanting a stadium written in multiple articles. The current student here Bryson has said most students at usf don't care about sports. I think the students and professors think if there is a stadium on campus they would have to pay more.

Apparently a byproduct from trying to turn USF into Harvard South. When I went to school in the late 90s USF was a good all round school that attracted your typical college kid - who actually liked sports. 

Edited by 00Bull

2 minutes ago, 00Bull said:

Apparently a byproduct from trying to turn USF into Harvard South. When I went to school in the late 90s USF was a good all round school that attracted your typical college kid - who actually liked sports. 

When I was at USf 06-09 we were dying to go to the gameand  remember the huge lines  try to get WVU tickets. We are seeing neglecting athletics to push academics  to AAU  is starting to come to full circle with some of the student population.

Edited by Outlaw