Important OCS Update

Jim Johnson

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  1,836
  • Content Count:  5,592
  • Days Won:  13

21 minutes ago, hm101 said:

I'll add that these apparently are things we are NOT getting. So we're not getting any of these club seats or suites, I guess. I guess 340m for bleachers? Absent any communication from the department this is all we as fans can do, is guess, and its self inflicted. 

The reply said that we're not getting ALL of these things ... but it could represent some things that will be coming.

Don't forget, tho, $340M is for TWO things, not one.  The football and lacrosse building built into the side of a stadium.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,641
  • Content Count:  75,956
  • Days Won:  436

1 hour ago, hm101 said:

Fsu has renderings. The rays. It's asinine we have absolutely nothing, at this point. I have been in the camp of "who cares they will release them when they're ready" but it's becoming a lot like Jeff Scott not broadcasting the spring game at this point. It's gimmicky and only increases doubt and expectations. 

So you think they're ready and not releasing them just to be gimmicky .............. really?

• Haha 1

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  180
  • Content Count:  7,474
  • Days Won:  14

49 minutes ago, Triple B said:

So you think they're ready and not releasing them just to be gimmicky .............. really?

I don't believe they have the "final" renderings, no, but I also believe that they have SOME information that they could share. For some reason they seem to be hell-bent on not sharing a single thing until they can do a big bang, and yes, you can disagree with me but I find that gimmicky. 

Doesn't VPMK do a weekly podcast? I don't see the harm in just saying, "Hey Bulls Nation, we've been working diligently with Populous on the design and we recently landed on some really cool club seats that I think you're gonna like. Here are a few teaser details. As you know final renderings won't really be ready until later this year"

Reasonable people can disagree on this. I'm just sharing my opinion which is increasingly turning into frustration at the foot dragging. 

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  609
  • Content Count:  17,071
  • Days Won:  46

Got to drag it out as long as possible I guess. I’m sticking with my guess or November or early 2024 lol 

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,641
  • Content Count:  75,956
  • Days Won:  436

50 minutes ago, hm101 said:

I don't believe they have the "final" renderings, no, but I also believe that they have SOME information that they could share. For some reason they seem to be hell-bent on not sharing a single thing until they can do a big bang, and yes, you can disagree with me but I find that gimmicky. 

Doesn't VPMK do a weekly podcast? I don't see the harm in just saying, "Hey Bulls Nation, we've been working diligently with Populous on the design and we recently landed on some really cool club seats that I think you're gonna like. Here are a few teaser details. As you know final renderings won't really be ready until later this year"

Reasonable people can disagree on this. I'm just sharing my opinion which is increasingly turning into frustration at the foot dragging. 

Yeah, we definitely can disagree on this. Gimmicky ... foot dragging ...  sounds like some conspiracy to keep things from the fans and you'd have to ask why. MK throwing out teaser details ahead of the final release sounds gimmicky to me and would probably stir up more civil unrest about them not being being released.

I do get your opinion/frustration on not having something now ... it would have been great to have had them when it was approved ... I just think it's just things following their course, not some gimmick or foot dragging.

• Topic Count:  26
  • Content Count:  336
  • Days Won:  0

4 hours ago, hm101 said:

Fsu has renderings. The rays. It's asinine we have absolutely nothing, at this point. I have been in the camp of "who cares they will release them when they're ready" but it's becoming a lot like Jeff Scott not broadcasting the spring game at this point. It's gimmicky and only increases doubt and expectations. 

Edit

I'll add that these apparently are things we are NOT getting. So we're not getting any of these club seats or suites, I guess. I guess 340m for bleachers? Absent any communication from the department this is all we as fans can do, is guess, and its self inflicted. 

This is from the BOT finance committee meeting in May. It is from the feasibility study. Nothing really new here, it just slides showing what is around at different venues.  You can find it here and scroll down.

USF.APP.BOX.COM

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  618
  • Days Won:  0

Foot dragging is probably smart in this case. The notion of the $340M investment by USF into its football program has now been put out there to the p4 conferences. Let it marinate as long as possible to see if we can generate some traction/interest before ultimately having to commit to the final product and what the associated bill will be. The conditions and situation have changed pretty dramatically since this idea was kick started a couple years ago.

Edited by 00Bull

• Topic Count:  1,836
  • Content Count:  5,592
  • Days Won:  13

If I were USF... I would want to have an event for big level donors to get the first look at the renderings... membership has privileges.   And I might wait for something to happen to celebrate it.  Not a specific date on the calendar, but perhaps getting bowl eligible or something else.

Once that event happens, then have a media event and share the renderings publicly.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  609
  • Content Count:  17,071
  • Days Won:  46

11 minutes ago, Jim Johnson said:

If I were USF... I would want to have an event for big level donors to get the first look at the renderings... membership has privileges.   And I might wait for something to happen to celebrate it.  Not a specific date on the calendar, but perhaps getting bowl eligible or something else.

Once that event happens, then have a media event and share the renderings publicly.

Exactly!  Think people forget that the OCS has already cleared the hurdles to move forward. It is not like the Rays new stadium situation in where it looks like they are having some issues accounting for how it will be funded. USF OCS has the green light to go Bull Speed Ahead. Looking forward to seeing the OCS constructed on the live cam feeds 

• Topic Count:  111
  • Content Count:  5,630
  • Days Won:  10

...and I want it now!