• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Important OCS Update

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  604
  • Content Count:  16,448
  • Days Won:  43

39 minutes ago, TallyBull said:

Just to clarify, this is old. The meeting has already been rescheduled to September 8 (tomorrow). There's a zoom link. Here are all the details.

I echo the sentiments of everyone else. Just hand these "concerned" people a box of tissues and start construction. Serious people have work to do.

Heck yeah! Seriously there are many educational aspects to teach students regarding the OCS. It helps with psychology, engineering, mathematics, science, sociology, etc. USF can even host educational events at the OCS. It will help bring people together and bring exposure to campus showing off their academic buildings. For those academic peeps criticizing it, they should look have their eyes checked for short sightedness…..

• Like 2

• Topic Count:  486
  • Content Count:  12,470
  • Days Won:  25

I just talked with a dad that both his kids said they would go to games on campus but will not go to RayJay. 

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  583
  • Content Count:  22,715
  • Days Won:  109

6 minutes ago, BDYZR said:

I just talked with a dad that both his kids said they would go to games on campus but will not go to RayJay. 

Until they find out it is cheaper to continue drinking outside the stadium and they continue to tailgate throughout. 😄

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  454
  • Days Won:  0

9 minutes ago, BDYZR said:

They sound like real “fans”. 

—Triple B

• Topic Count:  78
  • Content Count:  2,962
  • Days Won:  2

2 hours ago, JAFFX2 said:

https://www.bizjournals.com/tampabay/news/2023/09/06/usf-football-stadium-interest-rates.html

The university of south florida has submitted revised financial projections regarding its planned on-campus football stadium ahead of a significant vote later this week.

If approved by the Florida Board of Governors on Friday, usf will build an approximately $340 million stadium and take out a $200 million loan to help pay for it. Truist Bank has quoted usf an interest rate of 7% on the loan, an increase of 1.5% from the originally projected rate.

Revenue projections from the stadium are now "fully dependent" on realizing consultants' estimates, which banked on over 30,000 fans attending each game, according to a Sept. 5 memo.

If usf's projected revenues can't be met, either the usf foundation would have to pick up the tab, or there would have to be cuts within the athletics department. Watkins wrote on Aug. 8 that usf's projections for increases in ticket revenue at the new stadium and in athletics revenue — including game guarantees, royalties and conference and NCAA distributions — are "arguably ambitious."

"The revisions to the projections for the project highlight the uncertainty of future financial performance," Ben Watkins, director of Florida's division of bond finance, wrote in the Sept. 5 memo to the board of governors.

So we have a higher interest rate on our loan.   Is that what I'm reading here?   It won't let me read the article.  

10 minutes ago, 00Bull said:

—Triple B

Great attitude. Then complain when we have so many empty seats. Can’t make fans out of them if they don’t show up. 

• Topic Count:  96
  • Content Count:  4,078
  • Days Won:  14

16 minutes ago, CousinRicky said:

Until they find out it is cheaper to continue drinking outside the stadium and they continue to tailgate throughout. 😄

At least they'd be there contributing to the game day atmosphere.  Beats not even going because its "too far." 

• Go Bulls! 1

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,673
  • Days Won:  424

18 minutes ago, 00Bull said:

—Triple B

****, beat me to it .... Honestly though, I do give a lot more slack to students in regard to this and consider this a main perk of the ocs.

• Haha 1

Just now, Triple B said:

****, beat me to it .... Honestly though, I do give a lot more slack to students in regard to this and consider this a main perk of the ocs.

STM are the “real fans.” Everybody else is just looking for a good time. IF they do have a good time, then maybe they’ll come back. Maybe they would become “real fans.” Maybe even donors someday.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  454
  • Days Won:  0

36 minutes ago, Triple B said:

Glad you took it as it was meant…in jest.