• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Important OCS Update

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  10,918
  • Days Won:  67

42 minutes ago, SilverBull said:

Absolutely not.  I have said it before but something like this should be planned, designed, financed and built with the involvement of a broader community, intergovernmental and private investor base as part of a more comprehensive regional infrastructure, transportation, entertainment and community events hub providing a broader regional benefit than just an on-campus football stadium.  Instead of just reacting to impact of such a project, they should use it to create positive synergy for a better community.

What the hell does an OCS have to do with a transportation plan for the entire city.  I think you must have your sarcastic font on and if so then my apologies.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

1 hour ago, Friscobull said:

What the hell does an OCS have to do with a transportation plan for the entire city.  I think you must have your sarcastic font on and if so then my apologies.

Did not mean to be rude silver but these two projects have literally nothing to do with each other IMO.  You are a visionary and a dreamer which is not a bad combination, my apologies.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  56
  • Content Count:  4,432
  • Days Won:  19

I think that both Houston and Minnesota have their cities Mass Transit rail lines actually connected to their OCS. 

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  604
  • Content Count:  16,501
  • Days Won:  43

19 minutes ago, Bear said:

I think that both Houston and Minnesota have their cities Mass Transit rail lines actually connected to their OCS. 

With that said. I did notice Houston’s attendance has never really been impressive. Think there are probably too many sports teams and other things to do. Maybe that will change in big 12

• Topic Count:  59
  • Content Count:  541
  • Days Won:  0

25 minutes ago, Bear said:

Houston "Mass Transit line" is horrible. It basically goes from downtown to the Medical District.  I don't think many students ride it.  

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  56
  • Content Count:  4,432
  • Days Won:  19

24 minutes ago, goingbackbull said:

Houston "Mass Transit line" is horrible. It basically goes from downtown to the Medical District.  I don't think many students ride it.  

I wouldn't be suprised

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,737
  • Days Won:  425

33 minutes ago, Bull Matrix said:

With that said. I did notice Houston’s attendance has never really been impressive. Think there are probably too many sports teams and other things to do. Maybe that will change in big 12

Very interesting article on Houston's almost 30 year road back to a major conference ....

uh-football-low-attendance.jpg?auto=comp
WWW.TEXASMONTHLY.COM

The Cougars are nationally ranked and receive millions in university support—so why does UH consistently play in a half-empty home stadium?

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  2,921
  • Days Won:  33

2 hours ago, Bear said:

Utah does. Very interesting setup there.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  604
  • Content Count:  16,501
  • Days Won:  43

2 hours ago, Triple B said:

Very interesting article on Houston's almost 30 year road back to a major conference ....

uh-football-low-attendance.jpg?auto=comp
WWW.TEXASMONTHLY.COM

The Cougars are nationally ranked and receive millions in university support—so why does UH consistently play in a half-empty home stadium?

Exactly. Now they have been spoiled recently by wins in both men’s hoops & football. Imagine if USF had that going for us fans. 

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Bear said:

They had mass transit lines prior to when the stadiums were built and as stated previously, the transit in Houston is trash and services 20 miles in a 10,000 square mile metro area, little impact if any.