• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Dustin Hall is back in Portal

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  71
  • Content Count:  12,380
  • Days Won:  25

32 minutes ago, Cubanbull said:

I believe he was counting as a scholarship, so now that he is gone they would have one available. From what I have read they lose scholarship as soon as they enter TF. Now some schools might keep them on it, if they think they might change mind or exit the Portal.

This is where I am confused because I have heard and read two different things. IF a player enters the portal the school gains  a scholarship but how does that impact the current spring semester? I also have read/heard that the player stays on the school's scholarship until they officialy transfer somewhere else and sign up for that college.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,612
  • Content Count:  74,570
  • Days Won:  423

36 minutes ago, Cubanbull said:

I believe he was counting as a scholarship, so now that he is gone they would have one available. From what I have read they lose scholarship as soon as they enter TF. Now some schools might keep them on it, if they think they might change mind or exit the Portal.

From this article, it looks like the scholarship, and any perks that go along with the scholarship, could be taken away but it's at the discretion of the school ....

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  295
  • Content Count:  6,815
  • Days Won:  22

2 minutes ago, Outlaw said:

This is where I am confused because I have heard and read two different things. IF a player enters the portal the school gains  a scholarship but how does that impact the current spring semester? I also have read/heard that the player stays on the school's scholarship until they officialy transfer somewhere else and sign up for that college.

Yes, I think it isn’t clear. But once you go into Portal, you are no longer in team. So from what I have read, you lose scholarship and the team can go get someone to replace you. As I said I could see a school maybe not taking your scholarship away, if they feel they can get you to commit back and they want you. But I really don’t see any school keeping you in one, once you go into portal, if they don’t want you back. I mean if you choose to not commit elsewhere, the original school doesn’t have to take you back.

• Topic Count:  19
  • Content Count:  3,393
  • Days Won:  3

9 minutes ago, Cubanbull said:

Yes, I think it isn’t clear. But once you go into Portal, you are no longer in team. So from what I have read, you lose scholarship and the team can go get someone to replace you. As I said I could see a school maybe not taking your scholarship away, if they feel they can get you to commit back and they want you. But I really don’t see any school keeping you in one, once you go into portal, if they don’t want you back. I mean if you choose to not commit elsewhere, the original school doesn’t have to take you back.

Outside of coaching change situations, if you enter the portal, you're dead to me. Never allowed back!

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  71
  • Content Count:  12,380
  • Days Won:  25

15 minutes ago, Sk00b said:

Outside of coaching change situations, if you enter the portal, you're dead to me. Never allowed back!

Fair enough.  I wonder how it works our if team a promises this much NIL money and doesn't follow through  . We have see players transfer here at usf and other florida colleges that have not even played a down or been at the school  for a full year.