• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Who would sponsor a student(s) ?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  721
  • Content Count:  6,754
  • Days Won:  19

Believe me gurlybull... you would be able to sit with Brandon. Once inside the stadium, it truly doesn't matter where your seats are... you'll be able to end up with your man. Forget about the New Year's Eve party at that cost... Bar Charlotte or anywhere along the main strip of bars will be far more college student oriented.

My trip is over $900 for two plane tickets, three nights hotel, and car rental from Arizona. Talk about saying bye to almost half my check! I'm bringing someone cross coast to see her first Bulls game, but hopefully not her last. Now I can see why people say it's easier being single and traveling to away games. I could probably make it across country on gas and McD's, sleep in my car for three nights and not break $300. ****... women are expensive!

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  80
  • Content Count:  567
  • Days Won:  1

I just checked my PayPal account and it will afford me to donate $20.  For me it will be as if I was going myself.  So make sure it is a democratic and fair process with which you sponser one or even 2 students (If you raise enough $).

• Topic Count:  131
  • Content Count:  3,097

I have just a few comments:

1.  How is the poll looking as to how much money is is possibly coming in (since I have not posted a response to the poll)?

2.  I came up with a proposal as to how sponsorships could possibly be awarded.  We could set up an "official application thread" where students who post here on TheBullspen.com could apply for a sponsorship to the bowl game.  In the application, a question could be asked as to how much funding the student would need, and what the funds would cover.  I know myself, I could possibly cover part, but not all of the trip, and yet there may be some students on here that may need the whole thing.

• Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  193
  • Days Won:  0

Well, I'm not traveling for any of you that were curious...and don't need a sponser because there's no way I could go anyways. Thanks anyway though.

Nope...gotta be at the fantastic basketball game with toal attendance of 2. You guys don't even wanna know how bitter and upset I am.

• Topic Count:  131
  • Content Count:  3,097

man that's gotta suck Katie, you think they'd make a random drawing to make it fair.

Nope...gotta be at the fantastic basketball game with toal attendance of 2. You guys don't even wanna know how bitter and upset I am.

Sorry you were assigned to the game. You're right that the attendance will be really low...

But, on the other hand... it's only a 10 hour drive...

Get the boyfriend to pack the car, pick you up at the dome and drive up...

You should get to Charlotte right about dawn... catch some quick ZZZs in the car before the game (or maybe find a friend's hotel room)... then the attend the game and cheer the Bulls on as a spectator...

After the game find a hotel to crash in for a couple of hours (this is where the 'sponsor' thing would help)... then party with Bulls Fans for New Years Eve... Head back to Tampa on Jan 1, 2006...

Where there's a will there's a way!!

^It's a 10 hr drive that I'm making the 18th and again on the 29th...I'm from 2 hours north of Charlotte. Wish I had the will to do it again but I just don't at this point. Sorry guys.

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  14

:) Great idea. I'm in for $20.