• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

From an outsider

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  961
  • Content Count:  9,759
  • Days Won:  9

Gator Bowl might be a different story, but c'mon who would show up in El Paso, Texas for the Sun Bowl?  I bet we'd have less than 3,000 fans.  

Guest S.  Bien
Gator Bowl might be a different story, but c'mon who would show up in El Paso, Texas for the Sun Bowl?  I bet we'd have less than 3,000 fans.  

Wow Joe you definitely like putting the pedal down and pushing when it comes to being a Bulls fan.

I think we'll get over 5,000 for Charlotte, and I believe that same 5,000 would have traveled about anywhere with Hawaii as the only exception.  

• Topic Count:  961
  • Content Count:  9,759
  • Days Won:  9

S. Bien, I like your enthusiasm but I slightly disagree.  I'm with you on the 5,000 and I actually think it will be closer to 10,000 before all is said and done.  I disagree that the same folks would be willing to drive to El Paso from Tampa, as they are willing to drive from Tampa to Charlotte.  Also factor in game days and times.  Air fare would scare people away.  I think 3,000 or so would be right for the Sun Bowl.  We couldn't have asked for a better scenario in Charlotte, short of the Sugar.  

• Topic Count:  35
  • Content Count:  261
  • Days Won:  1

I dropped 4 bills on this trip and that doesn't include incidentals.  I'm doing this because I don't want to regret missing our first bowl appearance.  In the future, if it's a long distance, I won't go.  Hell, I'm a teacher and don't make that kind of cake to be able to afford it every year (that is bowl eligible years).  But I see the point, Gator, Outback, Citrus, Orange... We'd put 30K in those EASY.

Go Bulls!  Beat NC State!

• Topic Count:  219
  • Content Count:  3,827
  • Days Won:  0

S. Bien, I like your enthusiasm but I slightly disagree.  I'm with you on the 5,000 and I actually think it will be closer to 10,000 before all is said and done.  I disagree that the same folks would be willing to drive to El Paso from Tampa, as they are willing to drive from Tampa to Charlotte.  Also factor in game days and times.  Air fare would scare people away.  I think 3,000 or so would be right for the Sun Bowl.  We couldn't have asked for a better scenario in Charlotte, short of the Sugar.  

I agree.

The game being on a saturday and within driving distance makes our group 13 strong.....instead of like 2.

Work schedules are hard to change in december......

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,984
  • Content Count:  19,737
  • Days Won:  172

I would travel to Hawaii just to see the a bowl game

I may be slightly more rabid and liquid than others though.

I keep recruiting new folks to go. You get them excited, lay out your plans, and try to get them to jump on board. It's just that simple sometimes.

A good attitude and some excitement go a long way. Fans-- start recruiting more fans-- PRONTO!

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  4,751
  • Content Count:  37,673
  • Days Won:  29

if game was at rjs,...  

It would be sold out !

• Topic Count:  238
  • Content Count:  4,139
  • Days Won:  1

I would travel to Hawaii just to see the a bowl game

I may be slightly more rabid and liquid than others though.

Mike, I'd DRIVE to friggin Hawaii to see the BULLS in a bowl game...

Others were talking about driving from El Paso, I could tell ya that it took us about 31 hours to drive to Roswell, NM... Quite the lovely trip (If you really like the color brown)

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,714
  • Days Won:  424

I keep recruiting new folks to go. You get them excited, lay out your plans, and try to get them to jump on board. It's just that simple sometimes.

I did the exact same thing about a half hour ago and this was a long time season ticket holder who just hadn't sat down and looked at the feasibility and ease of making the trip. Every Bulls fan isn't as rabid as most on this board. Every chance you get, talk Charlotte up to the unenlightened ....