• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Source says Mike Brey to be hired by USF

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  74
  • Content Count:  12,621
  • Days Won:  25

1 minute ago, puc86 said:

That sounds accurate MK, CJS and CBG (the Mohl would probably as well if I paid more at to that) have all blended together into to one singular Leviathan of failure to me and I don’t really distinguish them as individuals; which is kind of sad to me because I actually fundamentally liked CBG as a person and wanted to see hope (something I have never had a passing moment of with the other other two that I have always found unlikable, talking point, glad handing, soundbite producing, generators of perpetual failure, living off of a hope they will one day demonstrate the things they talk about but have never produced or demonstrated at any capacity anywhere).

Extending losing coaches creates a stable losing environment that is culture changing!

• Downvote 1

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  10,916
  • Days Won:  67

41 minutes ago, Outlaw said:

Extending losing coaches creates a stable losing environment that is culture changing!

Love ya Outlaw but you need some new material desperately.

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 2

12 minutes ago, Friscobull said:

Love ya Outlaw but you need some new material desperately.

I didn't extend a bunch of losing coaches expecting to turn USF athletics into a winning culture. I didn't praise a losing culture and promote toxic positive culture while getting embarrassed in football consistently. People defended CJS, BG, and AD MK then tried to sell this dumpster fire of cow crap extension program as a positive thing.  AD MK has shown USF and the fans he knows nothing about creating a winning athletic program.  Winners win and losers lose. AD  MK hasn't shown us he can lead a winning athletic program in the two biggest money making sports.

Edited by Outlaw
  • Downvote 1

• Topic Count:  604
  • Content Count:  16,485
  • Days Won:  43

2 minutes ago, Outlaw said:

I didn't extend a bunch of losing coaching expecting to turn USF athletics into a winning culture. I didn't praise a losing culture and promote toxic positive culture while getting embarrassed in football consistently. People defended CJS, BG, and AD MK and tried to sell this dumpster fire of cow crap extension program as a positive thing.  AD MK has shown USF and the fans he knows nothing about creating a winning athletic program.  Winners win and losers lose. AD  MK hasn't shown us he can lead a winning athletic program in the two biggest money making sports.

This is so 2022. 2023 things have been different. Go Bulls!

3 minutes ago, Bull Awakening said:

This is so 2022. 2023 things have been different. Go Bulls!

2023 the year of another losing basket season and failure by a losing coach that got extended. I think things are starting just like they were in  2020,2021,and 2022 under AD MK. We should stop accept losing. We fired Jim Leavitt and Charlie Strong who are the only coaches with a winning record at USF in football. Charlie got fired for going 4-8 with three FBS wins and Jeff Scott got extended for one FBS win. How does this prioritize or incentivize winning for any coach?

Edited by Outlaw

• Topic Count:  604
  • Content Count:  16,485
  • Days Won:  43

We started anew…. 2023 is the year of the Bull Awakening!!!! If is all WE SHALL SEE!! Gonna hype this off-season up as much as possible!   Go Bulls!!!!

5 minutes ago, Outlaw said:

2023 the year of another losing basket season and failure by a losing coach that got extended. I think things are starting just like they were in  2020,2021,and 2022 under AD MK. We should stop accept losing. We fired Jim Leavitt and Charlie Strong who are the only coaches with a winning record at USF in football. Charlie got fired for going 4-8 with three FBS wins and Jeff Scott got extended for one FBS win. How does this prioritize or incentivize winning for any coach?

3 minutes ago, Bull Awakening said:

We started anew…. 2023 is the year of the Bull Awakening!!!! If is all WE SHALL SEE!! Gonna hype this off-season up as much as possible!   Go Bulls!!!!

How did BG perform in 2023 ? You cannot be a winner until you start winning. AD MK should be doing an apology tour for prolonging the suck.

Edited by Outlaw

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  2,038
  • Days Won:  10

Kelly deserves credit If this hire happens. I know many believed that under Kelly basketball was seen as an afterthought after football. But the firing of Gregory and this hire if it happens proves that basketball is no longer an afterthought, and there is a strong commitment to become relevant in basketball.

Whether Brey will be successful time will tell, but certainly if anyone can get it done its him.

Edited by belgianbull

• Topic Count:  86
  • Content Count:  17,061
  • Days Won:  19

I'm not sure this is a good hire, but I'm definitely not against it.  

• Upvote 2

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,714
  • Days Won:  424

1 hour ago, Outlaw said:

I didn't extend a bunch of losing coaches expecting to turn USF athletics into a winning culture. I didn't praise a losing culture and promote toxic positive culture while getting embarrassed in football consistently. People defended CJS, BG, and AD MK then tried to sell this dumpster fire of cow crap extension program as a positive thing.  AD MK has shown USF and the fans he knows nothing about creating a winning athletic program.  Winners win and losers lose. AD  MK hasn't shown us he can lead a winning athletic program in the two biggest money making sports.

Don-knotts GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY